Question

voicemail notification

Userlevel 1

I have the same problem with voicemail notification not clearing does anyone know what the solution is 

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi There!

Best thing I can recommend is to call the ID Voicemail Service from your mobile by dialing 123 and following the instructions to listen and then delete/save the voicemails that are prompting the notification.

Hope that helps :)

Userlevel 1

I've already tried that and leaving a new voicemail message and removing the sim card for 10 minutes I really need to speak to someone at id i think 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Tony Evans, do you have a screenshot of the notification? I ask because we don’t actually provide system-level voicemail notifications as far as I’m aware, only SMS. 

Therefore, I think the icon you’re seeing might actually be something else. Perhaps Wi-Fi Calling?

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 1

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Does this notification have a corresponding SMS in the Messages app about this voicemail?

Userlevel 1

Just found it and listened to it and it's the same saying you have no messages I've deleted the message at the moment the voicemail notification is still there 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just found it and listened to it and it's the same saying you have no messages I've deleted the message at the moment the voicemail notification is still there 

Okay @Tony Evans, I assume there was a corresponding SMS alert, about a new voicemail, for the notification shown in your earlier screen-shots.

I think your issue can sometimes arise when you port your number to iD Mobile - have you recently ported your number to iD?

In addition, have you tried:

1. Turn your voicemail OFF from your iD My Account online or the iD app.
  2. Leave your voicemail OFF for at least 24 hours.
  3. Turn your voicemail service back ON.

I suspect you’ll probably need to raise a ticket with the iD tech team to get this fixed.

Quickest way of doing this is use the online chat service at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat.

The ID customer service staff work until 8pm on weekdays.

If you can’t use online chat, just send a private request to iD Mobile’s social media team using facebook (using Messenger) or Twitter (by Direct Message) - they should also be able to assist.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your help 👍 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks for your help 

I hope you manage to get it sorted - good luck.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

What make and model phone are you using @Tony Evans?

iD Mobile only offer SMS notifications for Voicemail. Have you recently joined iD Mobile? I’m wondering if the notification was generated by your previous network and it’s become “stuck” after switching networks.

Maybe try the following, on a Samsung:

Settings > Apps Phone > select Clear cache and then Clear Data under the storage section.

Userlevel 1

Galaxy s20 it happened 2 days after porting my no.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Here you go:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-remove-voicemail-notifications/

Click on the section named 'Clear the cache and data' and follow the instructions.

Why iD Mobile?