Question

Voicemail notification showing when there are no new voicemails

• 6 October 2018
  • 6 replies

JJust received my I'D sim and my voicemail has been automatically set up. However I now find that the voicemail message icon on my phone does not clear despite me checking that all messages have been listened too and deleted? Any ideas how to clear this. It used to do it automatically!

6 replies

Hi @Kevin1912,

You can try leaving yourself a voicemail and then deleting it to get rid of the icon, or alternatively, disabling and re-enabling the voicemail feature.

If you have recently ported your number to iD, the issue may be caused by a voicemail being left whilst your number was in the process of being transferred.

If neither of the troubleshooting tips above help, let us know and we can help get this sorted.

Jade
Hi Jade
Thanks for your reply. Have tried both turning my mail on and off and sending myself a mail, but the icon still remains?
There is a possibility that a messay was sent whilst my number was ported over, but I have no way of checking this.
Any other help would be apprecited.

Regards

Kevin
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Kevin1912,

Thanks for confirming that. In this case, further investigation will be required to see if there has been a 'trapped' message during the porting process.

Please speak to our Live Chat team here. They'll be able to have your account details verified in order to have this looked into.

Ryan
Tred the live chat, but only succeeded in being cut off with the agent not offering to check the account details: more interested in blaming my phone
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
I'm sorry to hear this @Kevin1912, I'll PM you now with a way of contacting us further about this so we can get underway with resolving the issue.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
I had this problem and eventually solved it by getting a replacement SIM from id mobile. A really easy solution and I wish I had done it straight away!

Why iD Mobile?