Solved

Voicemail Notification that won't go away!

• 30 August 2018
  • 39 replies

Since I've joined iD mobile, i consistently receive a voicemail notification message on phone despite not having any voicemail. I have ported my old number.

I've tried clearing the cache in my messaging & contacts app. Then resetting the phone.

I've tried leaving my mobile number voicemail to delete later.

None of these steps have worked.

Does anyone else have this issue or found a working solution ?
icon

Best answer by Ryan 6 November 2018, 16:57

View original

39 replies

Would really appreciate help with this. 2 days on and I'm ready to get rid of the Sim! Voicemail notifications are annoying.
Userlevel 1
I am having the same issue. Bought the Huawei P20 yesterday. I delete the notification that says I have a voicemail. And 10 seconds later I get another notification. I do not have a voicemail. Why won't it stop! And I've also tried all them steps. It would be great if someone from ID could post a solution to this problem. It is very very annoying.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I am having the same issue. Bought the Huawei P20 yesterday. I delete the notification that says I have a voicemail. And 10 seconds later I get another notification. I do not have a voicemail. Why won't it stop! And I've also tried all them steps. It would be great if someone from ID could post a solution to this problem. It is very very annoying.Since I've joined iD mobile, i consistently receive a voicemail notification message on phone despite not having any voicemail. I have ported my old number.

I've tried clearing the cache in my messaging & contacts app. Then resetting the phone.

Hello @umr23 & @Thom29

Have either of you ported your number into iD recently?

I believe this is because a voicemail was left when your port was in progress.

We'll need to raise this to our TechTeam if this is the case.

If you can confirm this, I'll provide steps with how we can resolve this for you.

Mohammed
I'm having the same issue. I've tried all of the suggested options but to no avail. I ported my number from my old network. Help please!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I'm having the same issue. I've tried all of the suggested options but to no avail. I ported my number from my old network. Help please!

Hey @Janineb,

I've dropped you a PM regarding this and how we can help resolve this.

Mohammed
I am having the same problem. I constantly have a voicemail alert symbol (a red dot), even though I've always deleted (press #3) real voicemails after I have listened to them.
This is really problematical because I can easily miss real voicemails.
If anyone has a solution, please help, or tell me how to contact the ID Mobile tech team and actually talk to someone.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi GlennCarmichael, if you have this problem, we can help.

You can you get in touch with us on Facebook or Twitter so we can help or you can contact the Customer Service Team directly on the phone or via Livechat.

facebook.com/idmobileuk/
twitter.com/id_mobile_uk

-Phil
Userlevel 1
I have the same problem, too. I contacted Livechat and they gave me a phone number which is only for items bought in PC World and Currys. I bought my phone online via the iDMobile website.

The other suggestion I had via chat was to go into a Carphone Warehouse store. I did that and they sais they couldn't help.

So, I am just going round in circles trying to get this annoying problem fixed.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

John
Badge +10
I had a few issues with voicemail over the years however there doesn't seem to be any special short codes to reset the voicemail cache system anymore, so we have to resort to some old fashioned tech workarounds!

These alternative methods may work for some and not others
Whether or not you have voicemail active or not.
Go to your ID dashboard and then got to my services.
From there you can toggle voicemail OFF or ON
If it is on toggle it off.
If it is off toggle it on.

Now restart your mobile (turn it off and then back on)
Once your mobile has restarted go back to your ID dashboard and then to my services and toggle voicemail back the other way once more.
now restart you mobile once last time.

You may get notifications each time you restart but things should have sorted themselves out by now!

If not leave yourself a new voicemail message using another phone then listen to the message and delete it, that also will kick start the voicemail system into working properly.

Toggling the voicemail on and off should resolve the issues, as this worked for me.
However you cannot just toggle it on and off, there needs to be a short time interval between each other wise it will not work properly, hence the phone restarts. The phone restarts are also important as they reconnect to the carrier network and reset the systems.

Hope this helps someone...
Userlevel 1
Hello Terry

Thanks very much for trying to help with this.

I followed your instructions to the letter, but unfortunately no luck.

I have read that this problem occurs when you port a number over to another network and a voicemail arrives in the middle of the port process. That's probably what has happened in my case.

This afternoon, I was finally able to persuade LiveChat to raise a call with their Tech Team on this, and I have been promised a response within 48 hours.

We'll see....

Thanks again.

Best wishes.

John
Userlevel 1
Since I've joined iD mobile, i consistently receive a voicemail notification message on phone despite not having any voicemail. I have ported my old number.

Try going to settings, application manager, slide top bar to all, go to phone, open it and press clear data. This should hopefully work.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Try going to settings, application manager, slide top bar to all, go to phone, open it and press clear data. This should hopefully work.

This would work to remove the notification temporarily so it's worth a try if that is what you require. If you need a permanent fix, we would always recommend speaking to our Live Chat team in order to raise the issue as it can come about whenever you port your number at the same time as a voicemail message being received.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Hi Ryan

I did raise this with the Live Chat team under reference 99228482 yesterday.
Although the good new is that the red dot has finally disappeared from the voicemail icon, when I now do get a voicemail, I get no notification of it - in other words the red dot with a number in it does not appear on the voicemail icon.

So, I seem to have gone from one extreme to the other.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

John
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @barquerole,

That is strange. Have you logged into your account to make sure that the voicemail service is still active? If it is, turn it off and then reactivate it shortly after and once that has been done, restart your phone.

The next time a voicemail comes through a notification should be displayed. If it doesn't work, let me know what phone you're using so we can advise further.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Hello Ryan

Yes, I have done all of that - actually several times, but I get no notifications on the voicemail icon. I am using an iPhone8.

Incidentally, 'Notifications' are turned on under 'Settings' > 'Phone'

Thanks for anything you can do.

John
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @barquerole,

Since it has been a few days from when you reported the issue, has the voicemail notifications come back? If not, we may have to raise this with our team again to ensure that they haven't been permanently removed.

Please get in touch with our Live Chat team again so that case reference number can be updated.

Thanks,
Ryan
Userlevel 1
Hi Ryan

No, the problem is still here. Your technical people were meant to be taking this up with the Three network under call reference 99228482, but I have heard nothing and am beginning to give up frankly. because it has taken up so much time and I keep being given conflicting information.

I'll give Live Chat one more go.

Thanks.

John
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Ryan

No, the problem is still here. Your technical people were meant to be taking this up with the Three network under call reference 99228482, but I have heard nothing and am beginning to give up frankly. because it has taken up so much time and I keep being given conflicting information.

I'll give Live Chat one more go.

Thanks.

John

Hey @barquerole,

If it's been raised to Three UK, they should be able to fix this fairly quickly.

It's unfortunate to hear you've not yet had an update about this.

Can you confirm if you've since restarted the phone and it's been removed?

What did Live Chat advise?
Mohamed
Userlevel 1
I had a text two days ago saying that if I called 7777, I would get an update on my issue. So I did that and was told that there is nothing wrong with the voicemail service, so it must be my iPhone8 and therefore I should take it up at an Apple shop.

This, of course, is total rubbish because it is the carrier software that is the problem.

When I migrated to iDMobile a couple of weeks ago, I suddenly had the red dot on my voicemail icon. Through LiveChat, I raised a ticket for this and the red dot disappeared a few days later. The explanation was that a voicemail had become trapped during the port over from EE, which made sense.

However, I now get no voicemail notification at all, so it's clear that something was done at the carrier end which cleared the red dot, but then wiped out notifications altogether going forward.

So, I don't know what to do about this any more. I'm certainly not going into an Apple shop, because there is nothing wrong with the phone.

I'm pretty hacked off at the way in which this has been dealt with, frankly.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @barquerole,

What we will do is look into your case further to ensure that this is dealt with appropriately. Please can you send an email  explaining your issue so we can have it investigated further?

Also include your Community Username along with your full name, full address, mobile number and date of birth.

Thanks,
Ryan

Userlevel 1
I struggled with this problem for weeks and tried everything including a factory reset. Eventually I saw a suggestion somewhere that a replacement SIM would solve it so I got idmobile to send me one and this completely solved the problem. Just get a replacement SIM and all should be fine.
Userlevel 1

I joined ID mobile last week and have the same issues with voicemail notifications. Have run out of fixes to try now. Very disappointing with ID’s attempt at resolving these issues

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We can easily help you with this one @Davewood

We’ll very likely need to request our network engineers to remove the notification for you from their side.

If you're choosing to email us, please include in your email your iD Community username, your full name, home address and postcode, mobile number, and email address.

Alternatively:

If you could, please get in touch with us either through one of the following:

Dialling 0333 003 7777 for our Customer Services Team.
Reaching our Live Chat Team here: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/contact-us
Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/idmobileuk/?ref=br_rs)
Twitter (https://twitter.com/iD_Mobile_UK)

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your response Kevin. I spoke online yesterday (11/12/19) and this has been referred to the Technical team with a response time of 48 days !!. Here’s hoping.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Thanks for your response Kevin. I spoke online yesterday (11/12/19) and this has been referred to the Technical team with a response time of 48 days !!. Here’s hoping.

Hey @Davewood,

I think the team may have meant to say 48 hours and not 48 days! Let us know if you hear nothing back from the team by Monday and we’ll delve further into this for you!

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?