Question

voicemail setup

• 5 February 2021
  • 22 replies

How do you put your voicemail back to automated voice instead of saying your recorded name tia

This topic has been closed for comments

22 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @marcbrockhurst,

Which handset are you using?

Will

I am using an iPhone 6s

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @marcbrockhurst,

If I recall correctly, try calling the Voicemail line, when you get the option to change your recording, select this one and then after you’re told to speak, press #, I believe you may have to do this a few times.

Let me know if this works.

I did it on a big loop for at least 10 times and no luck I’m afraid 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @marcbrockhurst,

Under the phone app, there should be an option on the top left that says “Greeting”. If you press this, it should come up with the options for “custom” or “default”.

Could you try selecting default for me and letting us know how you get on please?

Will

I’m not quite sure what you mean by phone app? I’ve been on the id mobile app and can’t find the greeting option.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

No sorry @marcbrockhurst ,

I meant the Green square with the white phone on it. the one you’d press to begin making a call or checking your call records. i should have been clearer sorry.

Will

Right I’m lost . So from the Home Screen the phone app is located along the bottom. If I click on the phone app there is no options on the top left ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

How strange @marcbrockhurst.

Have you got the latest iOS downloaded?

Will

iOS 14.4

The only option I get is call voicemail in the centre of the screen

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @marcbrockhurst,

Do you have the Voicemail settings as per the last section on Apple's forum:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/iphone/iph3c99490e/ios

Mohammed

No this is what I have 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @marcbrockhurst 

Please try the following:

1. From a Home screen, tap the Phone app . If an app isn't available on your Home screen, swipe left to access the App Library.
  2. Tap Voicemail. then tap Greeting (upper-left). ...
  3. Tap Custom to record a greeting. ...
  4. Tap Record to begin recording the custom greeting message. ...
  5. Tap Stop to end recording then tap Save.

-Mohsin

This is then screen I get when I tap voicemail . There are no options .

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @marcbrockhurst 

When you select the ‘Call Voicemail’ option, are they any options to set/unset greeting messages?

-Mohsin

It just calls voicemail as normal 

Badge +10

@marcbrockhurst 

@Will 

@Mohammed 

@Mohsin 

Setting a voicemail message is easy as 1-2-3

Further into the menu system please do not set voicemail greetings or personal greeting or record your name for the system (system name greeting message). This is the one everyone hears before your voicemail message, usually set as your name.
Once you have recorded one of these personal name greetings, there is no way to default this other than recording something else or recording a blank message. Basically when someone calls, you get YOUR NAME can't take your call right now or YOUR NAME is busy. YOUR NAME being the personal greeting name you recorded.

Defaulting the voicemail message is simples, however I cannot see a way to even cancel a system name greeting once you set one, all the menus take me round in circles to record another one.

Anyway to default the system name greeting !???

Sussed this one by recording NOTHING and pressing the Hash # key
Sounds odd hearing a blank.....”can't take your call right now”
hahahahah

So ultimately is it at all possible to rest voicemail messages and all greetings back to the defaults ones - we need a definite answer somewhen?

At this present time you have to record a blank name greeting and then press the hash # key

@terrywebbs i had to recorded a greeting to listen to my voicemails as it wouldn’t let me without setting it up. Surely the voicemail service is upto the service provider .

Badge +10

@terrywebbs i had to recorded a greeting to listen to my voicemails as it wouldn’t let me without setting it up. Surely the voicemail service is upto the service provider .

@marcbrockhurst

The system fools you into leaving what you think is a message, when actually it's a name greeting, well it fooled me anyhow, personally I think not everyone wants to this sort of message.

The system uses the same voicemail software as the three network…not sure how much control iD Mobile have over the voicemail system however it does need looking at and tweaking a bit by the team. We need to be able to simply reset the system messages ourself !

Wish the team could own up and just admit there’s a problem 

Badge +10

@marcbrockhurst

Some of the team are probably not aware of these little glitches in the system !

That’s why it’s good to get feedback from customers reporting the issues, and working together with the team we can hopefully get stuff fixed.

Why iD Mobile?