F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Show first post

236 replies

service does not allow access to this number

Trying to call Virgin media 0345 number but call is disallowed. Please advise

need to speak.to someone human not a bloody robot. this is getting beyond a joke now

no network. no-one can get hold of me I can only call on WiFi calling!!!!!!!!!!

So my new phone has been delivered to the wrong address and wrong person by DPD , who won’t help. Currys won’t  help abd im not getting anywhere with ID. I was on a SIM only deal £8 then decided  to upgrade my phone. PLEASE, please help me to revert back and cancel the new context before the £25 goes out

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @garryg 

I’m sorry you feel that way, I can only advise to attempt the number again at your earliest convenience.

Tom

This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

Got a question? Then go ahead and post it below!

HI. I have just joined and am using the Sim for Data only. It is not in my phone. I am however trying to Register on your iD App on my phone. How do I get the Authorisation Code other than to the Phone Number EG email?

Adrian

If I was you I would get rid of ID & go with some else, you will not get any help on there, but they will talk to you if you have a facebook account. My wife has not got a facebook account so we got no where with these muppets, I have cancelled my account with them & my wife will be doing the same at the end of the month, just look them up on facebook & you will see that ID is a waste of time, no one to talk to that understands what is going on. Hope this helps good luck 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Rebecca Faye Walker,

I can see you contacted us via Social Media, we responded yesterday but we have yet to receive a response.

Mohammed

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

HI. I have just joined and am using the Sim for Data only. It is not in my phone. I am however trying to Register on your iD App on my phone. How do I get the Authorisation Code other than to the Phone Number EG email?

Adrian

Okay @GulfMac, the only way to get the security code, needed for registration, is by SMS - that’s the iD procedure and it’s cast-in-stone. 

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

How do I leave Id Mobile when you have no customer service and I therefore cannot tell you I am leaving

Userlevel 3

Hey there @Alfie Hogan, we’re very sorry to hear that. Your port should complete on the date you chose between 8am-10pm. If that day has passed, then please restart your phone, and see if the change has taken place.

Additionally, if you haven’t requested the port yet, you can do so below:

https://switching.idmobile.co.uk

We have also had a small outage over the last two days which meant that a couple customers port’s were delayed, so that may well be affecting yours at the moment, although I believe that has also been resolved very recently.

Please may I ask when you believe your port-in to have been due for?

Kind regards,

Tyler

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just request a PAC (if you want to keep your number) or STAC (if you don’t want your number) by SMS.

You leave iD when you give the PAC or STAC to the new mobile service provider and your iD account gets closed.

Good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Are you able to visit your local Currys store so they can check the handset, SIM and settings to make sure this is configured correctly?

The iD SIM shouldn’t be connecting to Virgin Media as we use Three UK’s network for coverage but the connection should show as iD.

Mohammed

I have just got a new iPhone 15 on id mobile. Snap chat will only work on WiFi not on mobile data. I have tried the fixes I found on google

@Mohammed 

hello every response that seems close has been from you, here is hope you can help.

I wanted to set a sim pin, have attempted twice using the iD PIN number quite possibly (customer service pin?) 

so last attempt. 

I have seen the default pin could be either 0000 or 1234. 
what happens if I lock the sim using the wrong one?

I have an iPhone 13. 

my phone is my internet as well so would I still be able to access the forum. 

kind regards Chris

Are you able to visit your local Currys store so they can check the handset, SIM and settings to make sure this is configured correctly?

The iD SIM shouldn’t be connecting to Virgin Media as we use Three UK’s network for coverage but the connection should show as iD.

Mohammed

Please read my post again. I’m trying to call a 0345 number, which happends to be VM - why can I not from this provider?

Hi,

I have a Google Pixel 6 but some of my contacts are reporting that my text messages are showing with a different number?

We switched to ID mobile in October 2021. 

I have tried adding my number in settings but still having the same issue.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Abiark,

Welcome to the Community!

Please can you check your permission settings and also if adult content is disabled?

I came across another user that had a similar issue with an app and adult content was preventing it.

Kash

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Rongkeys, I’m not entirely sure I follow, sorry? Our SIMs don’t come with a PIN set, so the PIN will be whatever you choose. Please give this Apple support article a read.

If you still need help or the phone is asking for a PUK code, I’d recommend contacting the FacebookTwitter or Live Chat teams.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @KJ.S 

It sounds like the number hasn’t ported over as of yet, what date was selected for the port to complete on?

Tom

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @Dave777.

You may have the option to upgrade your monthly contract within your ID Mobile App or on our website if you sign in and look within there.

It may prove vastly more cost effective to pay a little more a month to increase your overall package than to have to rely on emergency add-on's.

Kevin
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Pinn73 

Have you tried adjusting the bill cap if it’s already at £0?

It could be recognizing the 0345 number as a paid/premium number, adjusting the bill cap a little higher might help here.

Please let us know how you get on or if you still require assistance.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
How can I unlock my iPhone so I can get a different sim to use abroad please

Hello @Pinky123,

Our phones are retailed to be used on a UK network and we would not be able to unlock a device to be used with a foreign network SIM. If you would like us to unlock your device for a UK SIM this is something we can look into.

I am looking to buy the pay monthly sim with 300 minutes, unlimited texts, and 10GB of data, however need to know if it only lasts for 1 month, or if I can keep refreshing it after each month.

Hello @Steven,

The minimum contract length is 30-days rolling, so after 30-days, you'll start again for a new 30-days (also known as a rolling monthly contract).

After 30-days, your allowances simply refresh again and you can keep the SIM.

When you want to cancel, you can do this at any time with 30-days notice.

Mohammed

Hi @Pinn73 

It could be recognizing the 0345 number as a paid/premium number, adjusting the bill cap a little higher might help here.

Tom

Hi @Pinn73 

Tom

Changed it to £5 but same issue.

Userlevel 1

My I.d online mobile account won’t let me on my dashboard it’s saying it’s not recognising my number 

Hi, I purchased a 2-year SIM plan from iD Mobile three months ago, but the SIM was delayed more than two weeks, leading me to cancel the contract. I never used the contact even for a day. I also removed the direct debit from my bank app. Now, there's a £2 iD Mobile payment due showing in my credit history, affecting my credit score. Can you suggest a solution for this?

Why iD Mobile?