F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Show first post

231 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Andrew Garrett,

We can help here via PM but we before we send you one, please can you confirm that you are the account holder.

If you aren’t the account holder we will need the account holder to get in touch.

Kash

My daughter has locked her SIM and I need a PUK but I can’t access Chat to ask for one!  Help please 🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @KJ.S 

Okay, are you on an Android or iPhone?

Please try the following;

iPhone;

Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.

If it is not correct, please try resetting network settings and testing.

Android;

1) Open Messages, go to Settings (top right, Message Settings), open "Chat Features" or "RCS Chats", verify if this is the correct number or not.

2) If it shows the incorrect one, then head to: https://messages.google.com/disable-chat and you should be able to unregister the number. Once done, turn off the Chat Features/RCS and the phone. Wait a few minutes and turn the device back on and re-enable Chat Features/RCS it should let you re-register/update to the correct number.

Alternatively, you can turn Chat Features/RCS off and test SMS after this.

Tom

Hi Tom, it was the 23rd June!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @KJ.S 

It sounds like the number hasn’t ported over as of yet, what date was selected for the port to complete on?

Tom

I got my new phone and sim over a week ago, used the PAC code and all swapped over, but just found that when I message/ ring people they are seeing the number of the new sim, not my retained number. They can ring my retained number and it gets to me but if i send out they see the wrong number and not my contact info- can someone help please as over a week since swapped.

thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Rosie Haslam 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Hi, 

I placed an order yesterday in my partners name the order went through and we received the email and order number, we received another email today saying there as a phone still in the basket. 
please can the status of the order be given to me. 
Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey there, this does look like it's coming from Voicemail. The number should link directly to that Voicemail.

If you’d prefer, dial 123 to listen to all voicemails and you can manually listen to them this way.

Mohammed

When I get a voicemail, iD sents a text with a 5 digit number to call and retrieve it. I've just had another text from iD giving a mobile number to call. Is this a scam. Doesn't seem right to me.

Hi @Martychris. Are you able to provide us with a screenshot of what you’re seeing so that we can take a closer look?

-Lauren

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Toffee1963 

Apologies for this, there was a network outage giving users “Error-0” when attempting to use some services, this should all be cleared up now, are you still having any issues after a reboot?

Tom

Why am I getting error code id 0 when I try to send text messages to Uk mobiles? I need to contact my carer but your stupid network is preventing me?

Userlevel 4
Badge

When I get a voicemail, iD sents a text with a 5 digit number to call and retrieve it. I've just had another text from iD giving a mobile number to call. Is this a scam. Doesn't seem right to me.

Hi @Martychris. Are you able to provide us with a screenshot of what you’re seeing so that we can take a closer look?

-Lauren

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello, 

I wanted to change my plan to a plan with less data but when trying to change it on the app I was given two options one was the exact same plan I’m on but the cost was cheaper and the other was for unlimited data and the cost was also cheaper. I’m a little confused as to why that is and would also like to ask if I do change plans to one of the following listed will the monthly cost be exactly what’s stated below without any extra costs. 

Hi there. Sometimes, these plan changes come up on your app towards the latter end of your contract. You’ll be able to select any one of these plans to change to, and you won’t be charged anything extra for doing so. The only time that the plan can change, is if you go over your allowances, or with the RPI/CPI increase that would occur next March or April time. 

-Lauren

Hello, 

I wanted to change my plan to a plan with less data but when trying to change it on the app I was given two options one was the exact same plan I’m on but the cost was cheaper and the other was for unlimited data and the cost was also cheaper. I’m a little confused as to why that is and would also like to ask if I do change plans to one of the following listed will the monthly cost be exactly what’s stated below without any extra costs. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Sandra Papuga,

The quickest way is to get a replacement SIM from Currys which is free.

This will then need to be activated which can be done on https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/your-sim-card

Mohammed

This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

Got a question? Then go ahead and post it below!

I need a new sim card asap please help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chelle 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

I inserted my new SIM and started PAC migration on 26 April. My network has been dead since. Using the app on Wi-Fi, it shows my migrated number. If people call me, they are told my number is ‘not recognised’. I have nothing on my title bar, no signal bars, no network name, no 3/4G. My husband ported no problem on same day. His ID SIM works fine in my phone, my SIM is dead in my phone and when inserted in my husband’s and son’s phones. I’ve sought help on ID chat support 4 times. it’s been raised with tech twice but still no joy. I got a replacement SIM from Currys as per one of the ID chat suggestions. I’ve used the app (on Wi-Fi) and activated my number on the new SIM. It’s still dead no matter what phone I put the sim in. I’ve raised that again with support, but no further on. We both came from Three contracts and have sim free iPhone X’s. Oh, and the chap in curry’s tried to help by checking the apn of my original ID SIM by placing it in his dual sim phone. He could see my telephone number but did say the SIM was inactive. The replacement SIM has gone the same way. It’s clear that the device is not the issue. Having a second sim and same issues suggests it’s not the actual SIM. Something isn’t right at the ID side of things but I can’t get anyone with enough savvy or experience to resolve this issue. It’s so frustrating. Has anyone had experience of this or know how to get ID to resolve?

Hi @Pinn73 

Apologies, this post appears to have been lost in the more recent high volumes, are you still having issues with calling any 0345 numbers?

Is it just one 0345 number specifically?

Are you sure the number is indeed a free one? Are they able to call you?

Tom

Hi. I got this sorted with the Twitter team. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Pinn73 

Apologies, this post appears to have been lost in the more recent high volumes, are you still having issues with calling any 0345 numbers?

Is it just one 0345 number specifically?

Are you sure the number is indeed a free one? Are they able to call you?

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Scaffolder444 

Have you tried a replacement SIM from Currys as suggested by @andewhite above?

Please let us know if you still require assistance so we can reach out.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sim card stopped working after 3 days.

A new sim bought for my lad. 3 days in and nothing, no data no calls or service.

Not impressed.  How do i get this sorted?

You could get a replacement iD SIM card, from any branch of Currys.

Sim card stopped working after 3 days.

A new sim bought for my lad. 3 days in and nothing, no data no calls or service.

Not impressed.  How do i get this sorted?

Why iD Mobile?