F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Show first post

236 replies

Hi @Pinn73 

Apologies, this post appears to have been lost in the more recent high volumes, are you still having issues with calling any 0345 numbers?

Is it just one 0345 number specifically?

Are you sure the number is indeed a free one? Are they able to call you?

Tom

Hi. I got this sorted with the Twitter team. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Pinn73 

Apologies, this post appears to have been lost in the more recent high volumes, are you still having issues with calling any 0345 numbers?

Is it just one 0345 number specifically?

Are you sure the number is indeed a free one? Are they able to call you?

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Scaffolder444 

Have you tried a replacement SIM from Currys as suggested by @andewhite above?

Please let us know if you still require assistance so we can reach out.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sim card stopped working after 3 days.

A new sim bought for my lad. 3 days in and nothing, no data no calls or service.

Not impressed.  How do i get this sorted?

You could get a replacement iD SIM card, from any branch of Currys.

Sim card stopped working after 3 days.

A new sim bought for my lad. 3 days in and nothing, no data no calls or service.

Not impressed.  How do i get this sorted?

Userlevel 1

How do I find out when my upgrade is due?? It's not showing on my page or account! Thank you 

Your online iD account should tell you the end date of the minimum term for your handset contract @Debbie Fraser

If your minimum term is 24-months, then you can upgrade once you’re within the last 60-days of your minimum term.

If minimum term isn’t 24-months, then you’ve got to wait until you’ve reached your contract's minimum term.

Ah yes I've jsut found it thank you ☺ 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

How do I find out when my upgrade is due?? It's not showing on my page or account! Thank you 

Your online iD account should tell you the end date of the minimum term for your handset contract @Debbie Fraser

If your minimum term is 24-months, then you can upgrade once you’re within the last 60-days of your minimum term.

If minimum term isn’t 24-months, then you’ve got to wait until you’ve reached your contract's minimum term.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Pinn73 

Have you tried adjusting the bill cap if it’s already at £0?

It could be recognizing the 0345 number as a paid/premium number, adjusting the bill cap a little higher might help here.

Please let us know how you get on or if you still require assistance.

Tom

Hi @Pinn73 

It could be recognizing the 0345 number as a paid/premium number, adjusting the bill cap a little higher might help here.

Tom

Changed it to £5 but same issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Pinn73 

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Please read my post again. I’m trying to call a 0345 number, which happens to be VM - why can I not from this provider?

Sounds like a billing system, or network routing issue @Pinn73.

Have you tried privately asking for assistance with this via the iD social media customer support team, using facebook (via Messenger), or Twitter (by DM)? 

The agents work until 8pm weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Are you able to visit your local Currys store so they can check the handset, SIM and settings to make sure this is configured correctly?

The iD SIM shouldn’t be connecting to Virgin Media as we use Three UK’s network for coverage but the connection should show as iD.

Mohammed

Please read my post again. I’m trying to call a 0345 number, which happends to be VM - why can I not from this provider?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Are you able to visit your local Currys store so they can check the handset, SIM and settings to make sure this is configured correctly?

The iD SIM shouldn’t be connecting to Virgin Media as we use Three UK’s network for coverage but the connection should show as iD.

Mohammed

service does not allow access to this number

Trying to call Virgin media 0345 number but call is disallowed. Please advise

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Jesh,

Please let us know what happens when you try the SIM in a different handset.

If you still have issues, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I received a new sim card from ID Mobile last year and i’ve noticed its using the Virgin Mobile network (which is very bad in my area). Has anyone else experienced this?

Where did you get the handset that you’re using with your iD SIM card? 

If it was not supplied by iD Mobile, your handset might be locked to another network @Jesh

the phone is unlocked to all networks and i used to be connected to ID Network with my old sim.

The only way your handset could be using the Virgin Media network, would be if the SIM you’re using is configured for Virgin Media as the preferred network. 

It doesn’t seem likely an iD Mobile SIM would be configured this way, but who can be certain.
Does this SIM behave in the same way in a different handset @Jesh?

I received a new sim card from ID Mobile last year and i’ve noticed its using the Virgin Mobile network (which is very bad in my area). Has anyone else experienced this?

If it was not supplied by iD Mobile, your handset might be locked to another network @Jesh

the phone is unlocked to all networks and i used to be connected to ID Network with my old sim.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If it was not supplied by iD Mobile, your handset might be locked to another network @Jesh

Hello @Jesh,

That doesn’t sound right.

iD Mobile uses Three UK’s network for coverage so wouldn’t connect to Virgin Media’s network.

Mohammed

i am not sure why this is happening , when i manually try to switch to an ID network it just goes back to the Virgin network. Do you think it is a faulty sim?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Jesh,

That doesn’t sound right.

iD Mobile uses Three UK’s network for coverage so wouldn’t connect to Virgin Media’s network.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Terry Riley 

You’ll receive the 8 digit code via SMS text to the SIM card, have you tried putting it in a supported device to receive the text?

Tom

I’ve purchased a pay monthly sim for a sim router. I’ve received an email with account number and new phone number. I’m trying to register my account. It’s asking me to input my eight digit security code to register but I haven’t received an eight digit code?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Trojanstokesy 

I’d recommend checking your upgrade deals as you may be able to switch the plan to a SIM only plan, an upgrade would retain the same number and same SIM card.

You’ll be able to check your upgrade in the iD Mobile app or logging in on the website.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/upgrades

Tom

My contract has expired and I want to turn to SIM only. My son is using the phone in the USA so I was hoping that it wouldn’t actually involve a new SIM altogether. Can you confirm whether I will definitely need a new SIM or whether it is possible to switch the current SIM to SIM only mode?

Thanks very much

Why iD Mobile?