F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Show first post

236 replies

Hi kash

Yes you're correct, although now every time I try to change plan I get " sorry something went wrong, please try later" - that's been all day today. I'll try again tomorrow. 

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi andewhite. Thanks and yes it says there are no network problems in this area? 

Thanks @Batty77, sounds like three (iD Mobile’s network partner) have changed something or haven’t fixed something properly following the mast issue earlier this year.

What does the (theoretical) Coverage Checker say about indoor coverage at your location?

Still getting the Sorry something went wrong, please try later message when trying to change plan. This is two days after my 24 month contract ended. 

So I have two choices. Carry on paying for a phone I've already paid for or cancel my contract (assuming that feature works!)

Anyone else been in this situation? 

Thanks

John 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Quelli Coles,

We are sorry to hear about this.

Did you manage to get any assistance with this or do you still require help?

Please let us know here and we can assist you further.

Kash

No I still need help. Apparently the phone was returned to the depot then sent out again today but the DPD driver didn’t deliver again. I stayed in all day.   The whole saga is awful 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Johnnyfw,

Have you been using our app or or website when viewing those deals? I would recommend trying both to see if that helps. If the issue persists, please let us know.

Ryan

This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

Got a question? Then go ahead and post it below!

I refereed a friend months ago even spoke to customer service in chat and still not heard from you. Not sure why. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello, 

I wanted to change my plan to a plan with less data but when trying to change it on the app I was given two options one was the exact same plan I’m on but the cost was cheaper and the other was for unlimited data and the cost was also cheaper. I’m a little confused as to why that is and would also like to ask if I do change plans to one of the following listed will the monthly cost be exactly what’s stated below without any extra costs. 

Hi there. Sometimes, these plan changes come up on your app towards the latter end of your contract. You’ll be able to select any one of these plans to change to, and you won’t be charged anything extra for doing so. The only time that the plan can change, is if you go over your allowances, or with the RPI/CPI increase that would occur next March or April time. 

-Lauren

Userlevel 4
Badge

When I get a voicemail, iD sents a text with a 5 digit number to call and retrieve it. I've just had another text from iD giving a mobile number to call. Is this a scam. Doesn't seem right to me.

Hi @Martychris. Are you able to provide us with a screenshot of what you’re seeing so that we can take a closer look?

-Lauren

Hello, 

Could you please help me with my situation?

ID Mobile have put on my records that I have defaulted on an account, to the value of £16 which comes from a £ 4 pm sim card.

This default is preventing me from getting any credit, and most importantly a mortgage on my family home.

It makes no sense at all that I would default on a £4 pm payment.  I have another ID Mobile account that is fully paid and several years old, paid by direct debit and never missed a payment.  Nor have I ever missed a payment on any other credit.

I have :

1.            Never received a notice of any sort telling me I was missing payments

2.            Always paid for the other sim card, which I still use to this date

3.            Never received any notification that I’m risking a defaulted account

4.            Checked in with ID mobile (via chat as this was the only method of contact) to see if they could identify any accounts, I have outstanding that need to be paid, they said all my accounts were fully paid and up to date.

5.            Finally with the help of Experian managed to find the account in question and pay the outstanding balance immediately.

Please help

Steve

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No I still need help. Apparently the phone was returned to the depot then sent out again today but the DPD driver didn’t deliver again. I stayed in all day.   The whole saga is awful 

Hey @Quelli Coles,

Sorry to hear that, I’ll send you a PM here to look into this further.

@Steve1983,

That’s very odd indeed.

I will also send you a PM so we can look into how this has happened and what can be done to help resolve if any errors made.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hello I currently have a plan for £42.99 and want to upgrade to another plan which is the same price at £42.99 will I be charged any extra in regards to pro rata as I would have already paid the correct amount of line rental. Thanks

I made a SIM card subscription and I do not know the number
I use ipad and can not find the mobile number
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @TonyG 

I’m sorry to hear this, are you able to access other services?

Are you able to call other people or unable to call anybody at all?

Tom

Userlevel 1

I am trying to change the voicemail number on my Android. This is currently set at +447782333129. I want to change it to the ID voicemail number of +447782333123. My phone won’t allow me to change it. Therefore I cannot use ID voicemail. 

To overcome this, I have changed my call forwarding numbers, but the phone takes too long for the voicemail to kick in.

Can anyone help please? 

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I purchased a replacement SIM card from Currys yesterday and now it all works. However, having problems with Voicemail at the moment. Have turned off Voicemail toggle and will turn on tomorrow.

Cheers,

Paul 

Why am I getting error code id 0 when I try to send text messages to Uk mobiles? I need to contact my carer but your stupid network is preventing me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @mitchus925 

Three UK are having some network issues at the moment, they are working on a fix but unfortunately have no ETA, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

The app and website may also be affected separately to this.

Thank you for your patience with this.

Tom

Userlevel 1

How do I find out when my upgrade is due?? It's not showing on my page or account! Thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Toffee1963 

Apologies for this, there was a network outage giving users “Error-0” when attempting to use some services, this should all be cleared up now, are you still having any issues after a reboot?

Tom

Userlevel 1

When I get a voicemail, iD sents a text with a 5 digit number to call and retrieve it. I've just had another text from iD giving a mobile number to call. Is this a scam. Doesn't seem right to me.

Hi @Martychris. Are you able to provide us with a screenshot of what you’re seeing so that we can take a closer look?

-Lauren

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @KJ.S 

Okay, are you on an Android or iPhone?

Please try the following;

iPhone;

Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct.

If it is not correct, please try resetting network settings and testing.

Android;

1) Open Messages, go to Settings (top right, Message Settings), open "Chat Features" or "RCS Chats", verify if this is the correct number or not.

2) If it shows the incorrect one, then head to: https://messages.google.com/disable-chat and you should be able to unregister the number. Once done, turn off the Chat Features/RCS and the phone. Wait a few minutes and turn the device back on and re-enable Chat Features/RCS it should let you re-register/update to the correct number.

Alternatively, you can turn Chat Features/RCS off and test SMS after this.

Tom

Hi,  a couple of weeks ago I lost all means of contact from my phone (calls and texts).  Post code DH7 6XG.  If I went out of the estate where I live I was able to use the phone correctly.

This lasted around a week, when the ability to send and receive texts from home began again, but not the ability to call or receive calls by phone - from any location.  This is still the case, it now doesn’t matter where I am I cannot use the phone to ring or receive calls.

Hence the use of email/forum to contact you.

I have checked the following in an effort to sort the problem:

Ring volume

Airplane mode

Do not disturb

Call forwarding

Use pre-loaded ring tone not third party

Powering off for 10 minutes and Restarting phone

Remove battery

Remove SIM card

All to no avail. 

Other audio apps, etc. all work fine.  Text messages are working OK now. 

Phone icon appears at top left of screen as if dialling/ringing, when ringing out, but the calls are not actually being made, no dialling tone or ring tone can heard. 

No indication of incoming calls can be seen or heard.

Help!

My daughter has locked her SIM and I need a PUK but I can’t access Chat to ask for one!  Help please 🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey there, this does look like it's coming from Voicemail. The number should link directly to that Voicemail.

If you’d prefer, dial 123 to listen to all voicemails and you can manually listen to them this way.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?