F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Show first post

236 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I recently requested my PAC code, but i no longer want to leave ID mobile, instead i want to change my plan. Do i need to cancel my request before changing my plan?

As long as you haven't used the PAC code, then you can change your plan and don’t need to cancel the PAC code as it’ll auto expire.

If you have used it, you’ll need to speak to the new network to cancel the request first.

Hi,

A week or so ago I bought a phone on the ID network through Carphone Warehouse for my son’s birthday with a £0 capped account  This week I tried to buy another phone for my daughter, again, sim capped at £0 overspend and a £6 a month sim card for my wife. This second purchase was blocked due to a failed credit check. Carphone Warehouse tell me it is you who do the credit check so can’t give me any information. I checked on the Equifax website, which you use for credit checking, and I have a score of 970 out of 1000. I would very much like to find out why I was refused as now when asked “have I ever been refused credit?” I am, embarrassingly, required to answer “yes” for the first time in my life. Could you direct me to the department that would be able to assist me in explaining why I was refused?

Sean

Hello Sean, it’ll likely be refused due to a security check not due to a credit check. 

We use the same system Carphone Warehouse use for ordering and there’s a limit of how many contacts you can have on your account. You can only order 2 in succession and additional orders will usually fail this check.

If you wait 90-days you can try ordering again.

Hi,  a couple of weeks ago I lost all means of contact from my phone (calls and texts).  Post code DH7 6XG.  If I went out of the estate where I live I was able to use the phone correctly.

This lasted around a week, when the ability to send and receive texts from home began again, but not the ability to call or receive calls by phone - from any location.  This is still the case, it now doesn’t matter where I am I cannot use the phone to ring or receive calls.

Hence the use of email/forum to contact you.

I have checked the following in an effort to sort the problem:

Ring volume

Airplane mode

Do not disturb

Call forwarding

Use pre-loaded ring tone not third party

Powering off for 10 minutes and Restarting phone

Remove battery

Remove SIM card

All to no avail. 

Other audio apps, etc. all work fine.  Text messages are working OK now. 

Phone icon appears at top left of screen as if dialling/ringing, when ringing out, but the calls are not actually being made, no dialling tone or ring tone can heard. 

No indication of incoming calls can be seen or heard.

Help!

Just to troubleshoot this a little further,

have you tried the SIM in another handset to rule out any handset issues?

When someone else rings you, does their phone start ringing out but just not receive on your end? or do they not hear any ringing tone from their end either?

Does data work fine also?

Try switching to 3G only via the network settings to see if this helps.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

In answer to your response to my query:

(1) Unable to try SIM in another handset as not SIM not compatible with other phones we have.

(2) If someone tries to call, their phone rings out but nothing happens at my end.

(3) Data works fine. 

(4) I’ve tried switching to 3G but this just made matters worse.  The phone just said ‘Emergency calls only.” & “Mobile network not available for voice calls.”  I have now reverted back to 4G.

Alan

Hi I upgraded to a SIM only deal at £8 a month a while back.

nevwr used the SIM and have lost it

tried to cancel the account t butan now receiving debt letters for unpaid amount

i thought I had cancelled this account and I stopped the direct debit accordingly

how can I stop the demands for payment 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @mitchus925 

This is an issue we’re aware of at the moment and we’re trying to fix it, to access voicemails, it may be best to dial “123” directly.

Tom

I'm buying new id mobile phone and contract as a Christmas gift for someone. When they first use it in about 4 weeks time, will it be straightforward for them to transfer the number they already have with an 02 phone to the new id mobile phone?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I'm buying new id mobile phone and contract as a Christmas gift for someone. When they first use it in about 4 weeks time, will it be straightforward for them to transfer the number they already have with an 02 phone to the new id mobile phone?

They’ll need to get a PAC from O2, and then give their O2 PAC to iD Mobile.

It’s explained in more detail at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/switching-to-idmobile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Andrew Garrett,

We can help here via PM but we before we send you one, please can you confirm that you are the account holder.

If you aren’t the account holder we will need the account holder to get in touch.

Kash

Hi, 

I placed an order yesterday in my partners name the order went through and we received the email and order number, we received another email today saying there as a phone still in the basket. 
please can the status of the order be given to me. 
Thanks 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Dopey021,

Other than cancelling the Direct Debit, how did you go about cancelling the plan?

Will 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Rosie Haslam 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

I have just transferred from EE and need to put a PAC code in but it keeps sending me round in circles and then does not let me do anything - please help

Userlevel 1

I have had two Live Chat conversations about this issue and neither have worked. I joined ID on 12th Nov and ported my number from on EE on 16th. Phone calls and WhatsApp are working fine but my Text Messages from my phone get received from the replaced ID phone number and Text Messages sent to my number are going to my old decomissioned phone. I have a Google Pixel 7 phone.

Userlevel 1

Hi, I have made an order on 23/11 for A Parker number 114368454 for IPhone 11 128gb black, at the time of order stock was expected 24/11. I have not heard anything since but stock availability has now changed to Jan 2021, when is my order likely to be delivered?

Many thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have had two Live Chat conversations about this issue and neither have worked. I joined ID on 12th Nov and ported my number from on EE on 16th. Phone calls and WhatsApp are working fine but my Text Messages from my phone get received from the replaced ID phone number and Text Messages sent to my number are going to my old decomissioned phone. I have a Google Pixel 7 phone.

Okay @Jomo, just TURN OFF the “Chat features” option in the Messages app on your Pixel 7.

If you leave the “Chat features” option disabled (off), your texts will come from your old EE number, which you switched over to iD on 16th.

Userlevel 1

Thanks andewhite but that didn't work either, however I did notice that the chat features were set to go with the original ID phone number issued with the sim

I got my new phone and sim over a week ago, used the PAC code and all swapped over, but just found that when I message/ ring people they are seeing the number of the new sim, not my retained number. They can ring my retained number and it gets to me but if i send out they see the wrong number and not my contact info- can someone help please as over a week since swapped.

thanks 

Hello I had a sim only deal of £18 with ID mobile and my own phone (having purchased it over two years with ID mobile) Unlimited data, calls texts. I was out of contract so could cancel anytime.

However I needed to get a new I phone 15 urgently as lost previous phone.

I looked at the ‘upgrade’ packages with ID mobile but these were very expensive for the purchase of the phone and the offer did not have unlimited data - so any “upgrade” package (not sure why they call it an upgrade - in real terms, it’s not). I forget the exact amount but it was around £68-£70

As I was not under contract any longer with ID mobile - so thought I would shop around.

Uswitch showed a great package - unlimited everything and a new I phone 15 blue for £38 a month - two years. (much cheaper than I had been quoted from ID mobile in a like-for-like). 

I thought - Great - I will cancel my ID mobile and move to this account and then get a PAC code to keep my number.

However, when I clicked through to the details from Uswitch I saw that this great new deal was actually with also with ID Mobile.

So I called ID mobile and explained and asked if they could match this offer for existing customers.

I was told no. And quoted that much higher price.

I did say why are new customers via Uswitch getting so much more of a better deal than existing and loyal customers. Seems wrong. Over two years the price would be around £700 more. But the sales person said she couldn’t help further.

Needing the phone urgently, I went ahead with the Uswitch/ID mobile deal. It was £38 a month - tiny upfront fee - great all arrived with me yesterday. SO now I have two accounts with ID mobile.One with the old number - and one with the new number. Of course I just require one account.

Here is the problem. I would like to keep my old number, I requested the PAC code from ID mobile and I have that.

I have the full joining instructions now for my new account with ID mobile

However when I try and do the ‘PAC code keep number mechanism’ it tells me I cannot keep a number that is from the same provider.

I can see why ID mobile would do this for business reasons - but it doesn't seem very fair to existing customers.

Is there any way I can do this - keep my old number, close my old account with ID mobile and keep only the  new one??

The only way I could see this perhaps working is if I get the PAC code - go to another sim only provider like Vodaphone or 02 - with no contract, cancel anytime, cheap sim.  Move my number to them. Then leave them as soon as possible, get a PAC code and then transfer my number (from 02 or whoever)  to my new  ID mobile account. 

I think this could work - but its a huge fuss to go through.

The other option is just to cancel my old account with ID mobile and have a new number - but this is problematic for work reasons and stationary printing etc.

Anyone any ideas - or better still, ID Mobile, can you help.

Many thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello I had a sim only deal of £18 with ID mobile and my own phone (having purchased it over two years with ID mobile) Unlimited data, calls texts. I was out of contract so could cancel anytime.

……

………

Is there any way I can do this - keep my old number, close my old account with ID mobile and keep only the  new one??

The only way I could see this perhaps working is if I get the PAC code - go to another sim only provider like Vodaphone or 02 - with no contract, cancel anytime, cheap sim.  Move my number to them. Then leave them as soon as possible, get a PAC code and then transfer my number (from 02 or whoever)  to my new  ID mobile account. 

I think this could work - but its a huge fuss to go through.

The other option is just to cancel my old account with ID mobile and have a new number - but this is problematic for work reasons and stationary printing etc.

Anyone any ideas - or better still, ID Mobile, can you help.

Many thanks

Unfortunately @Dawn Alford, in order to keep your iPhone 15 super-deal purchased via the iD affiliate uSwitch, and use your existing iD mobile number, you’d need to:

• Get your PAC for the number you want to keep.
  • Get a PAYG SIM from another provider (like EE, O2, Three, Vodafone, ASDA mobile, SMARTY etcetera) and switch to them, using the PAC for the number you want to keep.
  • Once the switch is done and everything works, get a PAC for the number you want to keep, to use with your new ID mobile connection.

🍀

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ally07 

Sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the date you received the email “Congratulations NAME, your reward is coming!”?

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dentay 

Could you let us know a little more about this issue?

What circles is it sending you in?

Are you using the iD Mobile port form?

What error do you get?

Does your transaction number begin with a 4?

Tom

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @jtobin11 

Due to an unforeseen delay in stock from the manufacturer, some orders are being sent out later than expected.

We understand this may cause disappointment and are working on getting these orders dispatched as soon as is possible.

You can check the status of your order with our live chat team, please click here.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday. 

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section.  

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient. 

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available. 

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically. 

Hi @Ally07 

Sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the date you received the email “Congratulations NAME, your reward is coming!”?

Tom

I never received anything after sending referral , my partner is the person who took a new contract from the link , I set it all up for him as he doesn’t know how to do it , I can even give you his number but not on a public forum, I spoke on chat and they said someone would contact me but I have heard nothing.

I got a pac code from my old network and have submitted the form on ID mobile to transfer my number  across. It was fine and worked. However, I later recieved a text to say there was an issue with either my mobile number, surname, or transaction number. Has it worked or not? Will my number be transferred?

My contract has expired and I want to turn to SIM only. My son is using the phone in the USA so I was hoping that it wouldn’t actually involve a new SIM altogether. Can you confirm whether I will definitely need a new SIM or whether it is possible to switch the current SIM to SIM only mode?

Thanks very much

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Bethany96,

Sounds like something may not be quite right.

We’ll send you a Private Message now to get this looked into and make sure all goes to plan with your number transfer.

Will

Why iD Mobile?