F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Userlevel 8
Badge
This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

Got a question? Then go ahead and post it below!

231 replies

Still getting the Sorry something went wrong, please try later message when trying to change plan. This is two days after my 24 month contract ended. 

So I have two choices. Carry on paying for a phone I've already paid for or cancel my contract (assuming that feature works!)

Anyone else been in this situation? 

Thanks

John 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Johnnyfw,

Have you been using our app or or website when viewing those deals? I would recommend trying both to see if that helps. If the issue persists, please let us know.

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Hello I currently have a plan for £42.99 and want to upgrade to another plan which is the same price at £42.99 will I be charged any extra in regards to pro rata as I would have already paid the correct amount of line rental. Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Antann2toms,

We’re sorry to hear about this issue. If you were to try your SIM card with another phone, do the speeds increase? This will let us know if there is a device fault.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I get the same results in my wife's Samsung.

How do I blacklist a phone that was purchased from a third party?

Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @dhouse,

We can do that for you if an iD SIM card has been used in it. Is that the case?

Will

This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

Hello ID MOBILE, 

I'm not a current customer but I would like to get your £16 - 30 day monthly plan, which gives 100GB data. I want to renew the contract every month (MYSELF), but your registration process wants to set up a direct debits - which I do not want.

Can you please help me start the sim, without the direct debit, so I can put money on it when i am ready. I also can't seem to post any questions, ask anyone or communicate with anyone on this community. 

Please just answer my question or send/post it wherever it goes in your web. For the record I only want the sim if I can renew it myself, rather than direct debit. 

Thank you

Hi @dhouse,

We can do that for you if an iD SIM card has been used in it. Is that the case?

Will

Hi Will

The iD SIM card has been used.  I have spoken to your colleagues and apparently my phone’s IMEI number wasn’t automatically updated on your system when the ID SIM was used in the phone.  This is now being looked at (in theory) and then the phone will be blacklisted.

If there is anything you can do to speed the process up that would be much appreciated as I need evidence of blacklisting for my insurance and can’t get a new phone until then.

Many thanks

When out and about I have no signal or really poor signal.  I am unable to send or receive messages and cannot browse the internet.  It’s not just me, my daughters also on ID aim and she struggles as well and it’s causing so much problems.   Getting really fed up with the service from ID.

When out and about I have no signal or really poor signal.  I am unable to send or receive messages and cannot browse the internet.  It’s not just me, my daughters also on ID aim and she struggles as well and it’s causing so much problems.   Getting really fed up with the service from ID.  It’s starting happening last month and the last week it’s been so bad, I have missed important messages as they didn’t come through until I got home and linked into my Wi-Fi.  Paying for a service for both me and my daughter that I am not receiving!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Chouds,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

I have just purchased a 30-day rolling sim-only deal with unlimited data. I only need to use this SIM for 1 month. How do I make sure this is cancelled after the first 30 days and that I am not charged beyond this?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Rebecca Shamara Herath,

You can submit a 30 day cancellation request immediately. 30 days after the request is made, the line will be disconnected.

Will

I ordered a sim 8 days ago. I had an email acknowledging the purchase but nothing since. As I don’t have a number I can’t get onto Chat to tell them! How do I resolve this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Wendy Pearson,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi,

I have a Google Pixel 6 but some of my contacts are reporting that my text messages are showing with a different number?

We switched to ID mobile in October 2021. 

I have tried adding my number in settings but still having the same issue.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@MrsMuzza,

Is the correct number showing for calls?

Could you please try the below:

Check your Chat Features status: Open the Messages app. Tap More Moreand thenSettings and then Chat features. Check the chat features status. If you’re not connected, tap Retry.

Could you also try this if the above doesn’t work?

Change the phone number associated with the Messages app: Open the Messages app. Tap More More and then Settings and then Advanced. Select Phone number, then edit the number to the correct phone number associated with your SIM card. Tap OK.

Kash

Hi Kash,

I have tried the first option and the telephone number isn't correct (it shows as the number that was allocated to the phone, not the number that I transferred over).

I've gone to settings and advanced as per your instructions and my correct telephone number shows there??

I'm even more confused! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@MrsMuzza

Are you able to delete the numbers and re-enter the correct ones?

Kash

My ID App is showing my data allowance incorrectly. 

30gb less than what it should be. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Nindagley,

Data can be used up quick if you stream videos etc. 

You can also check your usage via your data usage on your handset.

Can you advise how much data you usually get? Have you recently changed your tariff?

Kash

Hi,

I pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, and the upfront payment has already been taken from my account. I have changed my mind, and would like to have this pre-order cancelled and the upfront payment refunded. I've seen that a member had issues getting his cancellation and refund processed through live chat. He then was assisted by iD Mobile Employee Mohammed via PM to help solve the issue. Can someone assist please. Thanks

My wife moved to ID Mobile some time ago but didn’t have an e-mail address, so she used mine and that is now her login username. I have just joined and can’t register my account because my e-mail is already in use! Any way around this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Right-in, we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further. To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

We’ll see you there.

Hey @Philip Smith, unfortunately not. Once an email address has been registered to an account for log-in purposes, it can’t be removed or used again. If it’s an email provider that doesn’t recognise full stops though (such as GMail) then you can get around this by adding a full stop somewhere in the first half of the email address.

So, for example, instead of joebloggs@imaginarymail.com you’d use joe.bloggs@imaginarymail.com

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?