F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Userlevel 8
Badge
This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

Got a question? Then go ahead and post it below!

231 replies

Hi Rory,

Many thanks for your assistance so far. However I am still waiting for my refund. Can you look in to this please? I feel I should have received it by now.

Thanks,

Ruhul

Tried to use my id mobile sim. Network replies ' unregistered number' , i have cancelled my dd. Please advise me when my number was deregistered and return the monthly payments accordingly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Rory,

Many thanks for your assistance so far. However I am still waiting for my refund. Can you look in to this please? I feel I should have received it by now.

Thanks,

Ruhul

Hello @Right-in 

Apologies, it looked like your message was missed here. Have you since had the refund sorted?

@Merlyn1111, cancelling the Direct Debit will not cancel the contract and may only negatively impact you here. Have you contacted us to process a disconection of the contract?

Mohammed

Hi. I have tried many times to contact id mobile without success. Even my phone number with id appears not valid so using it to login is useless.

I am not in a contract as this was for 12 months taken out 4 years ago.

Please contact me via my email to cancel this number and your debt records.

V6mpal@gmail.com

Is my OnePlus Nord 2 5G supported by ID Mobile? I can’t see a list of supported phones on the website.

Thanks 

Hi, I have an 2 sim cards with ID 1 for me & 1 for the wife, the wife has lost her phone so I need to stop the card, but the wife has forgotten her log in password. We both have the same email address & when I go to the log in page it keeps logging me in. I have her phone number, I have her order number when she first got her card & the email address we used for the sim. The trouble that I’m having is trying to get in to ID to cancel the sim as we do not have a password 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, I have an 2 sim cards with ID 1 for me & 1 for the wife, the wife has lost her phone so I need to stop the card, but the wife has forgotten her log in password. We both have the same email address & when I go to the log in page it keeps logging me in. I have her phone number, I have her order number when she first got her card & the email address we used for the sim. The trouble that I’m having is trying to get in to ID to cancel the sim as we do not have a password 

Sounds like your wife never registered for an iD My Account online.
iD Mobile allow just one mobile number per sign-in.

Your wife can cancel her plan using the iD Mobile Live Chat service. 

The iD Live Chat team are available 9am - 8pm weekdays, and 9am - 6pm weekends and bank holidays.  

This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

HI. I have just joined and am using the Sim for Data only. It is not in my phone. I am however trying to Register on your iD App on my phone. How do I get the Authorisation Code other than to the Phone Number EG email?

Adrian

If I was you I would get rid of ID & go with some else, you will not get any help on there, but they will talk to you if you have a facebook account. My wife has not got a facebook account so we got no where with these muppets, I have cancelled my account with them & my wife will be doing the same at the end of the month, just look them up on facebook & you will see that ID is a waste of time, no one to talk to that understands what is going on. Hope this helps good luck 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

HI. I have just joined and am using the Sim for Data only. It is not in my phone. I am however trying to Register on your iD App on my phone. How do I get the Authorisation Code other than to the Phone Number EG email?

Adrian

Okay @GulfMac, the only way to get the security code, needed for registration, is by SMS - that’s the iD procedure and it’s cast-in-stone. 

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

How do I leave Id Mobile when you have no customer service and I therefore cannot tell you I am leaving

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just request a PAC (if you want to keep your number) or STAC (if you don’t want your number) by SMS.

You leave iD when you give the PAC or STAC to the new mobile service provider and your iD account gets closed.

Good luck.

@Mohammed 

hello every response that seems close has been from you, here is hope you can help.

I wanted to set a sim pin, have attempted twice using the iD PIN number quite possibly (customer service pin?) 

so last attempt. 

I have seen the default pin could be either 0000 or 1234. 
what happens if I lock the sim using the wrong one?

I have an iPhone 13. 

my phone is my internet as well so would I still be able to access the forum. 

kind regards Chris

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Rongkeys, I’m not entirely sure I follow, sorry? Our SIMs don’t come with a PIN set, so the PIN will be whatever you choose. Please give this Apple support article a read.

If you still need help or the phone is asking for a PUK code, I’d recommend contacting the FacebookTwitter or Live Chat teams.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

My I.d online mobile account won’t let me on my dashboard it’s saying it’s not recognising my number 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Jackie Mahoney, we were having some issues with the app yesterday. Could you please try again for me today?

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Lost all signal in January 2022. Was told it was due to a mast going down? It’s now May and I still have no signal? I was told by someone that the mast was back up and running so I’m really confused as to why I still have no signal?  I live in the country side so unless I’m in my house using wifi I’m completely cut off. I’ve been paying for a phone I can’t use so would really like to know when this is going to be sorted.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Lost all signal in January 2022. Was told it was due to a mast going down? It’s now May and I still have no signal? I was told by someone that the mast was back up and running so I’m really confused as to why I still have no signal?  I live in the country side so unless I’m in my house using wifi I’m completely cut off. I’ve been paying for a phone I can’t use so would really like to know when this is going to be sorted.

Doesn’t sound great @Batty77, have you put your postcode into the Network Status Checker

This will tell if there are any current or ongoing mask or network issues.

Userlevel 1

Hi andewhite. Thanks and yes it says there are no network problems in this area? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi andewhite. Thanks and yes it says there are no network problems in this area? 

Thanks @Batty77, sounds like three (iD Mobile’s network partner) have changed something or haven’t fixed something properly following the mast issue earlier this year.

What does the (theoretical) Coverage Checker say about indoor coverage at your location?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Batty77, we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

i have no idea if this is a question or what to call it. im having a few problems with Id at the moment, double charging for one but now i have another issue come up. today i  had to buy an add on because i used up all my voice minutes. im confused because the last time i looked i had around 25 minutes left and that was a few days ago. i have made some calls but they dont amount to 25mins. the texts warning me that i was up to 80% useage came in between yesterday and today then a few hours ago a received a txt saying all had gone and my cap too. now i know i have not made any calls since getting the text advising i had used 80% of my minutes so where did they go? is there a time lapse between calls made,minutes used and notification to me via txt of my updated allowance situation? 

i would appreciate some guidance and answers regarding this because as things go, im quite fed up with Id today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @kmac 

I saw your other post about the double charging on your plan, I’d recommend contacting us directly for this as well so we can take a look into your account and see what’s going on!

Please contact us on either Facebook, Twitter or our Live Chat so we can take a look!

Tom

Userlevel 1

tom first thanks very much for your advice, second im sorry i cant find any button allowing me to mark your answer as most helpful, even tho it was the only answer i still want to give you the kudos. what does this button look like?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

tom first thanks very much for your advice, second im sorry i cant find any button allowing me to mark your answer as most helpful, even tho it was the only answer i still want to give you the kudos. what does this button look like?

Okay @kmac, the “Most Helpful Answer” link isn’t there when the topic was started as a “Post” instead of a “Question”.

Why iD Mobile?