F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Userlevel 8
Badge
This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

Got a question? Then go ahead and post it below!

231 replies

How can I unlock my iPhone so I can get a different sim to use abroad please
I am looking to buy the pay monthly sim with 300 minutes, unlimited texts, and 10GB of data, however need to know if it only lasts for 1 month, or if I can keep refreshing it after each month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
How can I unlock my iPhone so I can get a different sim to use abroad please

Hello @Pinky123,

Our phones are retailed to be used on a UK network and we would not be able to unlock a device to be used with a foreign network SIM. If you would like us to unlock your device for a UK SIM this is something we can look into.

I am looking to buy the pay monthly sim with 300 minutes, unlimited texts, and 10GB of data, however need to know if it only lasts for 1 month, or if I can keep refreshing it after each month.

Hello @Steven,

The minimum contract length is 30-days rolling, so after 30-days, you'll start again for a new 30-days (also known as a rolling monthly contract).

After 30-days, your allowances simply refresh again and you can keep the SIM.

When you want to cancel, you can do this at any time with 30-days notice.

Mohammed
I am currently on a sim-only contract. Through the app, there is an upgrade where the price of the contract is the same (£5 a month) but it comes with more data, 1.5GB instead of the 1GB I currently have. Is it possible to switch to this better contract without ordering a new sim.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I am currently on a sim-only contract. Through the app, there is an upgrade where the price of the contract is the same (£5 a month) but it comes with more data, 1.5GB instead of the 1GB I currently have. Is it possible to switch to this better contract without ordering a new sim.

Hey @Dragon912,

Sounds like a tariff change to me.

Any order placed via the app/account through either the upgrade/tariff change sections will keep the same account and number.

In some cases, we send out a new SIM with this but it's usually blank.

You'll know it's an upgrade/plan change as it won't ask you to enter details like your name, address etc.

Mohammed

I am currently on a sim-only contract. Through the app, there is an upgrade where the price of the contract is the same (£5 a month) but it comes with more data, 1.5GB instead of the 1GB I currently have. Is it possible to switch to this better contract without ordering a new sim.Hey @Dragon912,

Any order placed via the app/account through either the upgrade/tariff change sections will keep the same account and number.

You'll know it's an upgrade/plan change as it won't ask you to enter details like your name, address etc.

Mohammed

@Mohammed
The checkout for the upgrade suggests a new sim will be delivered. Will this result in 2 contracts and 2 sims in total, or will my current contract and corresponding sim be changed to the new contract. This is so I know whether to cancel my current contract when i upgrade to a new one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I am currently on a sim-only contract. Through the app, there is an upgrade where the price of the contract is the same (£5 a month) but it comes with more data, 1.5GB instead of the 1GB I currently have. Is it possible to switch to this better contract without ordering a new sim.Hey @Dragon912,

Mohammed
@Mohammed
The checkout for the upgrade suggests a new sim will be delivered. Will this result in 2 contracts and 2 sims in total, or will my current contract and corresponding sim be changed to the new contract. This is so I know whether to cancel my current contract when i upgrade to a new one.

Hey @Dragon912,

If you're definitely placing this via the upgrade section and aren't being requested details for an additional credit check or Direct Debit, then it'll just be a blank SIM that's sent automatically with the upgrade.

The old SIM should just update to the new tariff and price plan and the number and payment date will remain the same.

The new SIM can be activated if required but we'd need to do this manually.

We send out a new SIM with upgrades as it usually means a new phone is being purchased, be it with us, or with a third party so we just want to make sure you've got the right sized SIM.

It should be clearly stated this is a plan change/upgrade when placing this and this would be done via the upgrade/plan change section when you've logged into your account online/in the app.

Mohammed
Can I purchase a sim-only deal using my ID contract account as you just charged me £7 for 1Gb add-on which, to a loyal customer, is a rip-off. I want a 20Gb deal but want to keep my contract number. I need it ASAP.
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @Dave777.

You may have the option to upgrade your monthly contract within your ID Mobile App or on our website if you sign in and look within there.

It may prove vastly more cost effective to pay a little more a month to increase your overall package than to have to rely on emergency add-on's.

Kevin
hi I have had my phone for over a year on iD mobile for over a year now and ive invested a new phone but still would like to keep my sim. I am keeping my phone but I need it unlocked so I can keep it just incase I need a phone? how does someone unlock their iphone so if they get different sim and number they can still keep the phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
hi I have had my phone for over a year on iD mobile for over a year now and ive invested a new phone but still would like to keep my sim. I am keeping my phone but I need it unlocked so I can keep it just incase I need a phone? how does someone unlock their iphone so if they get different sim and number they can still keep the phone?

Hello @erinleisha,

If your phone is locked to our network, you can get in touch with us and we can arrange for the handset to be unlocked to any UK network. This can take up to 72-hours to complete.

Mohammed
Is there a problem with ordering an upgrade online? I'm going through the 4 stages at checkout and it's taking all details but just returning me to step one. Am getting rather annoyed and about to go shop elsewhere
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @martinmother,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the upgrade feature.

We're currently experiencing technical issues with our website and the upgrade section appears to be affected.

If you could try again later today as we're hoping to have this fixed by then!

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Mohammed
Hi

i've placed my order (for phone in contract) on Sunday and still haven't received any information regarding my order (just the email saying that i need to wait under 24h for confirmation).
could you let me know how long do i have to wait for my order?

thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @MMM,

Have you tried messaging our Live Chat service to see if they could provide an update on your order?

According to our delivery timescales, your order should be delivered Tuesday.

Did you receive a delivery later that day?

Mohammed
I've just purchased a Huawei smart. It's been activated but when I try to make a call a message comes up saying, 'Cellular network is not available.'
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Stephen,

Are you referring to the P Smart handset or a Smartwatch?

Mohammed
I made a SIM card subscription and I do not know the number
I use ipad and can not find the mobile number
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Edy1990

You should have received an email with title "Welcome to ID". You will find your number there.

Alternatively you could check it in the settings of your iPad (Settings -> General -> About)

You could also put this SIM into your smartphone for a minute and call a friend so your number would display on yours friend phone.

Kind Regards

I also had a problem with my call being cut off with the message about sorry your service is not available etc.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Ireneritchie,

We’ll drop you a Private Message now so we can take your details and get that logged for you.

Will

Hi I upgraded to a SIM only deal at £8 a month a while back.

nevwr used the SIM and have lost it

tried to cancel the account t butan now receiving debt letters for unpaid amount

i thought I had cancelled this account and I stopped the direct debit accordingly

how can I stop the demands for payment 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Dopey021,

Other than cancelling the Direct Debit, how did you go about cancelling the plan?

Will 

Userlevel 1

Hi, I have made an order on 23/11 for A Parker number 114368454 for IPhone 11 128gb black, at the time of order stock was expected 24/11. I have not heard anything since but stock availability has now changed to Jan 2021, when is my order likely to be delivered?

Many thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @jtobin11 

Due to an unforeseen delay in stock from the manufacturer, some orders are being sent out later than expected.

We understand this may cause disappointment and are working on getting these orders dispatched as soon as is possible.

You can check the status of your order with our live chat team, please click here.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday. 

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section.  

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient. 

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available. 

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically. 

Why iD Mobile?