F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Userlevel 8
Badge
This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

Got a question? Then go ahead and post it below!

231 replies

Userlevel 1

I need to speak to someone going round in circles 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Peckett,

We’re sorry to hear about that; what do you require assistance with?

Ryan

I need to cancel my sim only in 14 days cooling off period please

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Okey dokey @Klw we’ll need to take some details from you in order to locate your order so that we can assist with that.

We’ve sent a private message just now.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

My zl

My allowances renewed today. However it shows that I only have 0.6 of my data left. The phone hasnt been used so how can all that data have been used?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Sorry for not catching this one sooner @Julia povey 

A few questions first of all.

Have you recently changed your tariff at all?

Did the app refresh again at all after you made this post?

Hi, are there any iD employees able to assist with my query please? I posted a question yesterday and have had no response

I am attempting to upgrade but when I input my card details for the 0.01 transaction, this is authenticated and my bank confirm they have allowed the charge - but your system states the transaction failed and does not detail why

My addresses on both my iD contract and my bank act match so isnt that

Can someone help assist me? I am trying to cancel my ID plan. Was on a 24 month contract which finished Feb 2021 and was charged for March and can see April will be charged too…?!! There was a small outstanding bill to be paid, which “has” but can see the balance is still the same. And whats with the chatbot when you need to speak to a REAL person? does my head in.

I am in the process of switching from Vodaphone to ID MOBILE. I want to keep my old number and have completed you page where I enter my PAC code. However I have had no confirmation that it was accepted and / or when the transfers will happen.

Can you check my account and see what is happening please?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @mthussain2,

Sure thing, we’ll drop you a Private Message now to see how things are going with your port.

Will

I recently requested my PAC code, but i no longer want to leave ID mobile, instead i want to change my plan. Do i need to cancel my request before changing my plan?

Hi,

A week or so ago I bought a phone on the ID network through Carphone Warehouse for my son’s birthday with a £0 capped account  This week I tried to buy another phone for my daughter, again, sim capped at £0 overspend and a £6 a month sim card for my wife. This second purchase was blocked due to a failed credit check. Carphone Warehouse tell me it is you who do the credit check so can’t give me any information. I checked on the Equifax website, which you use for credit checking, and I have a score of 970 out of 1000. I would very much like to find out why I was refused as now when asked “have I ever been refused credit?” I am, embarrassingly, required to answer “yes” for the first time in my life. Could you direct me to the department that would be able to assist me in explaining why I was refused?

Sean

Hi,  a couple of weeks ago I lost all means of contact from my phone (calls and texts).  Post code DH7 6XG.  If I went out of the estate where I live I was able to use the phone correctly.

This lasted around a week, when the ability to send and receive texts from home began again, but not the ability to call or receive calls by phone - from any location.  This is still the case, it now doesn’t matter where I am I cannot use the phone to ring or receive calls.

Hence the use of email/forum to contact you.

I have checked the following in an effort to sort the problem:

Ring volume

Airplane mode

Do not disturb

Call forwarding

Use pre-loaded ring tone not third party

Powering off for 10 minutes and Restarting phone

Remove battery

Remove SIM card

All to no avail. 

Other audio apps, etc. all work fine.  Text messages are working OK now. 

Phone icon appears at top left of screen as if dialling/ringing, when ringing out, but the calls are not actually being made, no dialling tone or ring tone can heard. 

No indication of incoming calls can be seen or heard.

Help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I recently requested my PAC code, but i no longer want to leave ID mobile, instead i want to change my plan. Do i need to cancel my request before changing my plan?

As long as you haven't used the PAC code, then you can change your plan and don’t need to cancel the PAC code as it’ll auto expire.

If you have used it, you’ll need to speak to the new network to cancel the request first.

Hi,

A week or so ago I bought a phone on the ID network through Carphone Warehouse for my son’s birthday with a £0 capped account  This week I tried to buy another phone for my daughter, again, sim capped at £0 overspend and a £6 a month sim card for my wife. This second purchase was blocked due to a failed credit check. Carphone Warehouse tell me it is you who do the credit check so can’t give me any information. I checked on the Equifax website, which you use for credit checking, and I have a score of 970 out of 1000. I would very much like to find out why I was refused as now when asked “have I ever been refused credit?” I am, embarrassingly, required to answer “yes” for the first time in my life. Could you direct me to the department that would be able to assist me in explaining why I was refused?

Sean

Hello Sean, it’ll likely be refused due to a security check not due to a credit check. 

We use the same system Carphone Warehouse use for ordering and there’s a limit of how many contacts you can have on your account. You can only order 2 in succession and additional orders will usually fail this check.

If you wait 90-days you can try ordering again.

Hi,  a couple of weeks ago I lost all means of contact from my phone (calls and texts).  Post code DH7 6XG.  If I went out of the estate where I live I was able to use the phone correctly.

This lasted around a week, when the ability to send and receive texts from home began again, but not the ability to call or receive calls by phone - from any location.  This is still the case, it now doesn’t matter where I am I cannot use the phone to ring or receive calls.

Hence the use of email/forum to contact you.

I have checked the following in an effort to sort the problem:

Ring volume

Airplane mode

Do not disturb

Call forwarding

Use pre-loaded ring tone not third party

Powering off for 10 minutes and Restarting phone

Remove battery

Remove SIM card

All to no avail. 

Other audio apps, etc. all work fine.  Text messages are working OK now. 

Phone icon appears at top left of screen as if dialling/ringing, when ringing out, but the calls are not actually being made, no dialling tone or ring tone can heard. 

No indication of incoming calls can be seen or heard.

Help!

Just to troubleshoot this a little further,

have you tried the SIM in another handset to rule out any handset issues?

When someone else rings you, does their phone start ringing out but just not receive on your end? or do they not hear any ringing tone from their end either?

Does data work fine also?

Try switching to 3G only via the network settings to see if this helps.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

In answer to your response to my query:

(1) Unable to try SIM in another handset as not SIM not compatible with other phones we have.

(2) If someone tries to call, their phone rings out but nothing happens at my end.

(3) Data works fine. 

(4) I’ve tried switching to 3G but this just made matters worse.  The phone just said ‘Emergency calls only.” & “Mobile network not available for voice calls.”  I have now reverted back to 4G.

Alan

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Alan.Ramsay,

Thanks for testing that.

I’ll send you a PM so we can get this raised further and look into what could be causing this.

Mohammed

I got a pac code from my old network and have submitted the form on ID mobile to transfer my number  across. It was fine and worked. However, I later recieved a text to say there was an issue with either my mobile number, surname, or transaction number. Has it worked or not? Will my number be transferred?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Bethany96,

Sounds like something may not be quite right.

We’ll send you a Private Message now to get this looked into and make sure all goes to plan with your number transfer.

Will

Userlevel 1

Sorry, left a reply rather than ask a question! Not awake yet.

Hi there, I submitted the online form on Friday to transfer my mobile number to ID with the PAC code however nothing has happened and I have had no messages regarding it. Please could someone advise where I go from here?

many thanks,

ali

hi im thinking of joining but id like to know wether a POCO F3 5g is compatible on the network

Are there any plans at all to enable Apple Watch cellular users to switch to the ID mobile network?

Hi

My 24 month contract ends today - I now want a pay monthly sim only deal but only see 12 or 24 month contract sim deals in the app. Is it not possible to go to 1 month contracts?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Johnnyfw,

I would advise waiting for the minimum term to end then have a look at what deals are available.

Please check back tomorrow and have a look.

Kash

Hi kash

Yes you're correct, although now every time I try to change plan I get " sorry something went wrong, please try later" - that's been all day today. I'll try again tomorrow. 

Thanks

Why iD Mobile?