F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Userlevel 8
Badge
This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

Got a question? Then go ahead and post it below!

236 replies

Hi @Ally07 

Sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the date you received the email “Congratulations NAME, your reward is coming!”?

Tom

I never received anything after sending referral , my partner is the person who took a new contract from the link , I set it all up for him as he doesn’t know how to do it , I can even give you his number but not on a public forum, I spoke on chat and they said someone would contact me but I have heard nothing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dentay 

Could you let us know a little more about this issue?

What circles is it sending you in?

Are you using the iD Mobile port form?

What error do you get?

Does your transaction number begin with a 4?

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Ally07 

Sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the date you received the email “Congratulations NAME, your reward is coming!”?

Tom

I have just transferred from EE and need to put a PAC code in but it keeps sending me round in circles and then does not let me do anything - please help

This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

I refereed a friend months ago even spoke to customer service in chat and still not heard from you. Not sure why. 

Userlevel 3

Hey there @Alfie Hogan, we’re very sorry to hear that. Your port should complete on the date you chose between 8am-10pm. If that day has passed, then please restart your phone, and see if the change has taken place.

Additionally, if you haven’t requested the port yet, you can do so below:

https://switching.idmobile.co.uk

We have also had a small outage over the last two days which meant that a couple customers port’s were delayed, so that may well be affecting yours at the moment, although I believe that has also been resolved very recently.

Please may I ask when you believe your port-in to have been due for?

Kind regards,

Tyler

My old number hasn’t switched over any help? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Faysal Aslam,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Hi, I purchased a 2-year SIM plan from iD Mobile three months ago, but the SIM was delayed more than two weeks, leading me to cancel the contract. I never used the contact even for a day. I also removed the direct debit from my bank app. Now, there's a £2 iD Mobile payment due showing in my credit history, affecting my credit score. Can you suggest a solution for this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dawn Alford 

It may be best to do what we’d call a triangle port.

Move the number you’d like to keep via PAC code from the current iD Mobile plan to another network’s Pay As You Go SIM card, once it’s moved there use a PAC code to move it from there to the new iD Mobile contact plan.

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello I had a sim only deal of £18 with ID mobile and my own phone (having purchased it over two years with ID mobile) Unlimited data, calls texts. I was out of contract so could cancel anytime.

……

………

Is there any way I can do this - keep my old number, close my old account with ID mobile and keep only the  new one??

The only way I could see this perhaps working is if I get the PAC code - go to another sim only provider like Vodaphone or 02 - with no contract, cancel anytime, cheap sim.  Move my number to them. Then leave them as soon as possible, get a PAC code and then transfer my number (from 02 or whoever)  to my new  ID mobile account. 

I think this could work - but its a huge fuss to go through.

The other option is just to cancel my old account with ID mobile and have a new number - but this is problematic for work reasons and stationary printing etc.

Anyone any ideas - or better still, ID Mobile, can you help.

Many thanks

Unfortunately @Dawn Alford, in order to keep your iPhone 15 super-deal purchased via the iD affiliate uSwitch, and use your existing iD mobile number, you’d need to:

• Get your PAC for the number you want to keep.
  • Get a PAYG SIM from another provider (like EE, O2, Three, Vodafone, ASDA mobile, SMARTY etcetera) and switch to them, using the PAC for the number you want to keep.
  • Once the switch is done and everything works, get a PAC for the number you want to keep, to use with your new ID mobile connection.

🍀

Hello I had a sim only deal of £18 with ID mobile and my own phone (having purchased it over two years with ID mobile) Unlimited data, calls texts. I was out of contract so could cancel anytime.

However I needed to get a new I phone 15 urgently as lost previous phone.

I looked at the ‘upgrade’ packages with ID mobile but these were very expensive for the purchase of the phone and the offer did not have unlimited data - so any “upgrade” package (not sure why they call it an upgrade - in real terms, it’s not). I forget the exact amount but it was around £68-£70

As I was not under contract any longer with ID mobile - so thought I would shop around.

Uswitch showed a great package - unlimited everything and a new I phone 15 blue for £38 a month - two years. (much cheaper than I had been quoted from ID mobile in a like-for-like). 

I thought - Great - I will cancel my ID mobile and move to this account and then get a PAC code to keep my number.

However, when I clicked through to the details from Uswitch I saw that this great new deal was actually with also with ID Mobile.

So I called ID mobile and explained and asked if they could match this offer for existing customers.

I was told no. And quoted that much higher price.

I did say why are new customers via Uswitch getting so much more of a better deal than existing and loyal customers. Seems wrong. Over two years the price would be around £700 more. But the sales person said she couldn’t help further.

Needing the phone urgently, I went ahead with the Uswitch/ID mobile deal. It was £38 a month - tiny upfront fee - great all arrived with me yesterday. SO now I have two accounts with ID mobile.One with the old number - and one with the new number. Of course I just require one account.

Here is the problem. I would like to keep my old number, I requested the PAC code from ID mobile and I have that.

I have the full joining instructions now for my new account with ID mobile

However when I try and do the ‘PAC code keep number mechanism’ it tells me I cannot keep a number that is from the same provider.

I can see why ID mobile would do this for business reasons - but it doesn't seem very fair to existing customers.

Is there any way I can do this - keep my old number, close my old account with ID mobile and keep only the  new one??

The only way I could see this perhaps working is if I get the PAC code - go to another sim only provider like Vodaphone or 02 - with no contract, cancel anytime, cheap sim.  Move my number to them. Then leave them as soon as possible, get a PAC code and then transfer my number (from 02 or whoever)  to my new  ID mobile account. 

I think this could work - but its a huge fuss to go through.

The other option is just to cancel my old account with ID mobile and have a new number - but this is problematic for work reasons and stationary printing etc.

Anyone any ideas - or better still, ID Mobile, can you help.

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @mitchus925 

This is an issue we’re aware of at the moment and we’re trying to fix it, to access voicemails, it may be best to dial “123” directly.

Tom

Userlevel 1

I am trying to change the voicemail number on my Android. This is currently set at +447782333129. I want to change it to the ID voicemail number of +447782333123. My phone won’t allow me to change it. Therefore I cannot use ID voicemail. 

To overcome this, I have changed my call forwarding numbers, but the phone takes too long for the voicemail to kick in.

Can anyone help please? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @mitchus925 

Three UK are having some network issues at the moment, they are working on a fix but unfortunately have no ETA, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

The app and website may also be affected separately to this.

Thank you for your patience with this.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I purchased a replacement SIM card from Currys yesterday and now it all works. However, having problems with Voicemail at the moment. Have turned off Voicemail toggle and will turn on tomorrow.

Cheers,

Paul 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @TonyG 

I’m sorry to hear this, are you able to access other services?

Are you able to call other people or unable to call anybody at all?

Tom

Userlevel 1

I have had problems for around 18 hours now. My phone just says ‘No Sim, No Network’. I cannot make calls or send SMS. 

I'm in Fuerteventura and cannot receive it make calls. My roaming and international calls setting is on. All I get is "the call cannot be placed as the client is not available"

What's going on?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Lorraine Steel,

Welcome to the Community!

I would advise to ensure the number is updated in your settings under iMessage,Facetime and Phone.

If you still have issues, please try removing the SIM and leaving the handset off for a few minutes. You can then reinsert the SIM and restart the handset.

Kash

Hi, I am new to iD and to this forum. I have 2 questions I need help with please. 1. I recently ported my mobile number but in my device info it is showing the number iD issued me and not my correct number, how do I rectify this?  2. My new phone is the iphone 15 & anytime I send an SMS text i get a notification that “Message Send Failure” even although the text has been received. How can I fix this?

I’d suggest doing a NETWORK RESET @Lorraine Steel
The iOS user guide for your iPhone 15 should explain exactly how to do this.  

Thanks, this didn’t work for me

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi, I am new to iD and to this forum. I have 2 questions I need help with please. 1. I recently ported my mobile number but in my device info it is showing the number iD issued me and not my correct number, how do I rectify this?  2. My new phone is the iphone 15 & anytime I send an SMS text i get a notification that “Message Send Failure” even although the text has been received. How can I fix this?

I’d suggest doing a NETWORK RESET @Lorraine Steel
The iOS user guide for your iPhone 15 should explain exactly how to do this.  

I have a Sim only deal and want to change to a package with more data.  Will I keep my existing Sim?  Thanks.

Well that’ll be NO SALE then!

Why iD Mobile?