F.A.Q.

Welcome to the ‘Ask a question’ subforum

Userlevel 8
Badge
This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

Got a question? Then go ahead and post it below!

236 replies

Userlevel 1

How do I find out when my upgrade is due?? It's not showing on my page or account! Thank you 

Your online iD account should tell you the end date of the minimum term for your handset contract @Debbie Fraser

If your minimum term is 24-months, then you can upgrade once you’re within the last 60-days of your minimum term.

If minimum term isn’t 24-months, then you’ve got to wait until you’ve reached your contract's minimum term.

Ah yes I've jsut found it thank you ☺ 

Userlevel 1

OK so I went into Chat Features from the phone settings rather than the message settings, whilst the chat features were turned off and this time it has allowed me to enter my old EE number for verification, 3 mins later, it worked, so thanks andewhite, you kind of got me there👍

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Please read my post again. I’m trying to call a 0345 number, which happens to be VM - why can I not from this provider?

Sounds like a billing system, or network routing issue @Pinn73.

Have you tried privately asking for assistance with this via the iD social media customer support team, using facebook (via Messenger), or Twitter (by DM)? 

The agents work until 8pm weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
I am currently on a sim-only contract. Through the app, there is an upgrade where the price of the contract is the same (£5 a month) but it comes with more data, 1.5GB instead of the 1GB I currently have. Is it possible to switch to this better contract without ordering a new sim.

Hey @Dragon912,

Sounds like a tariff change to me.

Any order placed via the app/account through either the upgrade/tariff change sections will keep the same account and number.

In some cases, we send out a new SIM with this but it's usually blank.

You'll know it's an upgrade/plan change as it won't ask you to enter details like your name, address etc.

Mohammed
Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I am currently on a sim-only contract. Through the app, there is an upgrade where the price of the contract is the same (£5 a month) but it comes with more data, 1.5GB instead of the 1GB I currently have. Is it possible to switch to this better contract without ordering a new sim.Hey @Dragon912,

Sounds like a tariff change to me.

Any order placed via the app/account through either the upgrade/tariff change sections will keep the same account and number.

In some cases, we send out a new SIM with this but it's usually blank.

You'll know it's an upgrade/plan change as it won't ask you to enter details like your name, address etc.

Mohammed
@Mohammed
The checkout for the upgrade suggests a new sim will be delivered. Will this result in 2 contracts and 2 sims in total, or will my current contract and corresponding sim be changed to the new contract. This is so I know whether to cancel my current contract when i upgrade to a new one.

Hey @Dragon912,

If you're definitely placing this via the upgrade section and aren't being requested details for an additional credit check or Direct Debit, then it'll just be a blank SIM that's sent automatically with the upgrade.

The old SIM should just update to the new tariff and price plan and the number and payment date will remain the same.

The new SIM can be activated if required but we'd need to do this manually.

We send out a new SIM with upgrades as it usually means a new phone is being purchased, be it with us, or with a third party so we just want to make sure you've got the right sized SIM.

It should be clearly stated this is a plan change/upgrade when placing this and this would be done via the upgrade/plan change section when you've logged into your account online/in the app.

Mohammed
Userlevel 1

Hi andewhite. Thanks and yes it says there are no network problems in this area? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Batty77, we’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Edy1990

You should have received an email with title "Welcome to ID". You will find your number there.

Alternatively you could check it in the settings of your iPad (Settings -> General -> About)

You could also put this SIM into your smartphone for a minute and call a friend so your number would display on yours friend phone.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 8
Badge +9

How do I find out when my upgrade is due?? It's not showing on my page or account! Thank you 

Your online iD account should tell you the end date of the minimum term for your handset contract @Debbie Fraser

If your minimum term is 24-months, then you can upgrade once you’re within the last 60-days of your minimum term.

If minimum term isn’t 24-months, then you’ve got to wait until you’ve reached your contract's minimum term.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Alan.Ramsay,

Thanks for testing that.

I’ll send you a PM so we can get this raised further and look into what could be causing this.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

This is the place to come if you’re not sure which category to post your question in! Ask it here, and we’ll move it to the right place so that your fellow members can find and answer it.

To help others help you, try and include as much info as possible in your question, including your handset type (if applicable).

If you can't find your post after it’s been moved, you’ll be able to see it by clicking the ‘Topics’ category in your profile menu (to get there, click your username in the upper right-hand corner).

hello I have a new contract with yourselves 

I changed my number over to yourselves which took a good couple of days as there was issues your end I’ve literally only been with you 11 days at the most and I’ve already been billed a full month is this correct 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Trojanstokesy 

I’d recommend checking your upgrade deals as you may be able to switch the plan to a SIM only plan, an upgrade would retain the same number and same SIM card.

You’ll be able to check your upgrade in the iD Mobile app or logging in on the website.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/upgrades

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @kmac 

I saw your other post about the double charging on your plan, I’d recommend contacting us directly for this as well so we can take a look into your account and see what’s going on!

Please contact us on either Facebook, Twitter or our Live Chat so we can take a look!

Tom

Userlevel 1

ok, thanks for letting me know im not going mad or blind.

kmac36

Userlevel 1

I placed an order with ID Mobile yesterday morning - ref 

You sent me an email around 16 hours later to inform me that you have delays (these were not mentioned at the time of ordering) and it may take a further 5 days before you dispatch my phone. My assumption is that these emails are autogenerated and there is not a person on the other end of them. 

I replied to your email but do not know if and when this will be picked up.  In my reply I explained that I am travelling to France on 24 September, so if you can't guarantee delivery at least 3 days before that then I will need to cancel my order. 

Please confirm if I can actually expect to receive my order by then or not.  If not then I need you to immediately cancel my order. If I do not hear back then I will have to cancel the direct debit I set up as a precaution. You should not offer next day delivery if you can't fulfil it. 

My account page on-line shows that I have ”unlimited” calls per month. However, when I dial a number on my phone a voice says that I have ``reached the capped limit on my account” and that I need to pay more money before I can make a call. This is a new phone and I have not been allowed to make even one call so far. Can you explain why these messages are different?? My number is REMOVED

My old number hasn’t switched over any help? 

I have had an account opened fraudulently in my name, I received a letter today confirming the account details. Can this be resolved urgently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello ​​​​​​ @Toffee1963,

That’s odd.

Assuming the account is in your name (not you being the bill payer but was purchased in your name also),

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @garryg,

I have called the number to test and have experienced no issues.

Please can you advise if you are still struggling with getting through?

Kash

No I have given up. I will wait until my renewal date and shop around elsewhere. Your service is not good enough after being a customer for several years.

Userlevel 1

Sorry, left a reply rather than ask a question! Not awake yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

My account page on-line shows that I have ”unlimited” calls per month. However, when I dial a number on my phone a voice says that I have ``reached the capped limit on my account” and that I need to pay more money before I can make a call. This is a new phone and I have not been allowed to make even one call so far. Can you explain why these messages are different?? My number is REMOVED

Hey @angelexhaust13,

What number are you calling?  

Does the number begin with 07?

Are you in the UK or roaming?

Calls to 084 and 087 numbers are not inclusive so if these are the numbers you’re calling it might be why.

I have had an account opened fraudulently in my name, I received a letter today confirming the account details. Can this be resolved urgently.

I’m sorry to hear that @Ljm1990,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

My phone had been delivered to the wrong person, wrong address. DPD won’t help, currys won’t help. I need to cancel the contract taken out last week before I’m charged. PLEASE, please help. I used to have a SIM. Only contract which I need to keep. The live chat isn’t helping either 

Why iD Mobile?