Question

Why do I get txt reminders that I have to make the payment when my direct debit is set up?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Why do I get txt reminders that I have to make the payment when my direct debit is set up? I have confirmation of direct debit set up but I'm being asked to pay manually. What does it mean? Does it mean that ID Mobile network does not know about how the payment is going to be executed? 

This topic has been closed for comments

26 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @user2021 

If you have an active direct debit set up then please ignore the text message you are receiving regarding the manual payment. This will be a scam text and we would advise you not to enter your details. 

-Mohsin

Userlevel 4
Badge

What are the foundations for you to assess that it is a scam?

For your information the message arrived in the same feed of messages as usual, for months. From the same number as ID network.

If it is a scam I'd be seriously concerned about how did it happen in the network that you are?

Maybe you should double check if your system is sending the reminders to the clients with existing direct debit (recently set up)? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @user2021,

How recently set up? Have you changed banks at all recently?

Will

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have set up new direct debit few days ago. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

However it has failed once in the past (direct debit setup on id mobile website) and payment wasn't automatically taken from my bank account. This would explain additional reminder to pay manually.... 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @user2021,

Direct Debits are taken 14-days (or just after) the date the bill was produced. You can usually via the PDF bill and we have a date shown of when we’re going to collect the payment.

If you can keep an eye on this and let us know how you get on following this.

Mohammed

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Mohammed so what about your assessment of the text message being scam? Should we just pretend that you didn't say that? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @user2021 

Thank you for clearing that up. We have seen some examples of customers who have received text messages asking for a Manual payment even though their direct debit has been set up and have had no issues with payment. We would advise you to be vigilant and not to enter your personal details if ever asked to do so. Feel free to message us for any issues you may have.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 4
Badge

I'm also receiving text messages from ID network saying that my data allowance is finished whilst the dashboard shows it is not. Do you have someone there who is practicing pranks on the customers? Or was your txt message system hijacked by the hackers? Or maybe we get random messages from you just for the fun? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @user2021,

Have you purchased any data bundles recently?

Will

Userlevel 4
Badge

No, I definitely haven't. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

What a mess! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @user2021,

Would you mind just selecting one of the threads you’ve commented on and sticking to that please? Just so that no info is lost.

Are you able to share a screenshot of the message you have received?

Will

Userlevel 4
Badge

The screenshot will show you exactly what I have quoted previously. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

I recently feel like I work for you as some kind of Quality Control Consultant flagging up everything that does not work, providing evidence and steps to reproduce problems. It feels like you should start giving me some bundles or perks as gratification. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @user2021 

The message does indicate that you have used all of your data allowances, you would also receive a message before reaching 100% usage to advise you that you have used 80% of your data allowance. 

When you view your allowance via the app, how much data is showing? Could you share a screenshot of this information?

If you feel that you may need more data, we can take a look to see if there is a different plan you could be moved onto? 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Not sure how to access it Michelle?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @user2021 

You will need to log into your account, you can then view your available allowance.

https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/home/

You have mentioned that when you had checked previously you had data remaining, this being the reason why you had questioned the text message you had received about 100% of your allowance being used. 

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile

Userlevel 4
Badge

Michelle, i have checked my allowance on the dashboard within a minute since I have received the txt messages. I'm not sure what is your point and what are you trying to say? I'd advise to have a bit of a self criticism as an ID Mobile network as this network is currently the worst experience for the users in the UK. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @user2021 

How much data is showing when you access your iD account?

Are you able to share a screenshot of your allowance?

If you prefer we can send you a private message?

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Why do I have to share the screenshots of everything? Do you think I'm bored and creating fake problems? I had over 50% left when the text message arrived. I actually don't have too much time to work with you as a QA Consultant for free. I gave enough details for you to investigate the matter. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @user2021,

Depending on how quick you were using data can affect the speed of the texts. If data was being consumed at a high rate it may have been used when the text was issued also.

We’d only bill you for data that’s been used from the device. If the data was off then it would be physically impossible for us to record data usage due to no connection to mobile data services.

We send texts when you reach 80% of your inclusive allowance and then 100% of your inclusive allowance for data.

Mohammed

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Mohammed can you please explain this sentence:

"how quick you were using data can affect the speed of the texts" 

I'm not sure if I understand correctly. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @user2021 

Data can be used quicker if you are streaming, for example watching a film, live TV, or videos …

Whereas general browsing, data would not be consumed as quickly.

We can check over your recent usage for you so that we can advise the times and dates when your data allowance has exceeded the monthly limit?

We’ll send you a PM so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 4
Badge

I understand, so I was watching 8K video on my phone that was consuming ~300MB/s of data and you sent me a text message saying no more data. Then I have checked on my idmobile.co.uk dashboard and it was saying that I still have over 50% of data allowance because of what? Because dashboard wasn't connected to the system that was in charge of measuring the data usage on my account?

This is becoming more and more abstract. It is like some form of Sci-fi story now 😂

And the fact that I still have over 40% data left in my billing period makes it even more absurd and pathetic. 

Remember guys - never, ever admit mistake on your side, always create a good story to justify problems or try to blame user. 

Good luck! 

Why iD Mobile?