Solved

why is my app saying ive used 500mb data already

• 25 November 2020
  • 4 replies

My app states I've used over 500 mb data already. Only had sim 1 day and my phone says I've only used 50mb data since 1st November????

icon

Best answer by rwmorris 9 December 2020, 20:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

I was coming here to ask the exact same question! I recently took out an iD SIM only deal. It’s arrived, and the app told me I had already used 512MB of data!

This was over one day when the SIM wasn’t even in the phone cause I was waiting for my number to move over from my old network. 

It’s the weirdest thing. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Simonr & @rwmorris,

Has your app shown the correct amount since posting your message? There should be no known reason for this to happen unless the data has actually been used which is unlikely if you have been on WiFi or not used data at all.

You can check which apps have used your data within your phone settings usually. This is a good way to see which app/service has used your data.

Ryan

Hi Ryan, thanks for getting back to us.

After a few days my app usage gained back the 512MB I’d lost, so I have no idea what went wrong there! Maybe it was just a glitch with me moving over from another network. Guess we’ll never know, really. After about a week I noticed my data allowance had moved back up again. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

HI @rwmorris 

We are pleased everything is back to normal, thanks for letting us know.

Michelle 

Why iD Mobile?