Solved

Wifi calling on Motorola X4?

• 25 October 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I see this phone not being present on the Wifi calling compatibility list, but is the support going to be added soon Or is it up to the manufacturer? This is an Android One device with Android 9 currently on it.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 28 October 2019, 14:51

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @jainvikas8 ,

We’re always expanding our list of available handsets with WiFi Calling. Unfortunately, we’ve not got any plans at this moment in time to add this handset to our range. But if this changes, it’ll be updated on our compatible list.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I’d request to add these Android One devices, as I’ve been facing an issue with serious network connectivity in the area (Ely, Cambridgeshire). And it’s just not only me but many people on Three network (Raised a Complaint - 151156858). Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @jainvikas8,

Thanks for your request, we’ll pass this to the Team internally however, we may not be able to give an answer as to whether this will be added or not.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Is Wi-fi Calling on this device supported?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Mohammed 

Is it still the Motorola X4 you’re asking after here?

If so, currently speaking the phone is still not officially supported for WiFi calling.  At this point it’s difficult to say if it ever would be added, though I’d say the chances are low for older model phones to be officially supported at this point in time.

The list of officially supported phones can be found here:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

Userlevel 1

Any update from the Team, which adds this? Moto X4 is old, but Android One and Android 10 soon.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @jainvikas8 

The phone is still not officially supported for WiFi calling.  At this point it’s difficult to say if it ever would be added, though I’d say the chances are low for older model phones to be officially supported at this point in time.

The best place to keep an eye out for updates to which model offer this feature would be the link below:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/wifi-calling

Will

Why iD Mobile?