Question

wifi calling stopped working on Samsung J6 and J6+

• 7 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Wifi calling stopped working on both phones about 2 weeks ago. It worked fine for at least 6 months previously. Both phones are on iD Mobile and show the same symptoms.

We live in a very weak mobile signal area, so wifi calling is a must. The icon for wifi calling no longer appears on the top line of the phone, even when there is no mobile signal.

In the phone app, Wi-Fi Calling is turned on in Settings.

The CSC is XEU.

We’ve tried the following, without success:

Reset our router.

Reset the phones.

We tried our neighbour’s wifi.

Is there anything else that can be done?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @idmuser95,

This sounds odd. 

Have you checked to see if your handset is on the latest update available to it?

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi Will,

Both handsets had the latest updates on them. By sheer coincidence, the J6+ had a new update yesterday, which resulted in wifi calling working again. However, the J6 handset is still without wifi calling.

Updates for the J6 and J6+ have always come on different dates and the version numbers are often out of step. It seems to me that the update on my J6+ reset a setting somehow. Would it be possible to install the current version onto the J6 again, to see if that fixes it?

Julian

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I’m not sure @idmuser95, but I imagine the manufacturer will have an answer for you, or at least let you know when the J6 can expect to receive the fix.

If you do this, would you mind letting us know how you get on?

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi Will,

I finally got the wifi calling working again on the J6. It turned out that a simple power down restored the functionality. I hadn’t tried this before because it didn’t work on the J6+…

Julian

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @idmuser95 

We are pleased this issue has been resolved!

Thanks for updating us. 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?