Solved

Unlock and Locking Cap

• 11 February 2019
  • 5 replies

Is it possible to 'uncap' my plan for say 1 hour and then 'recap'. Or does uncapping last the whole billing cycle?
icon

Best answer by Phil 13 February 2019, 11:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Hi @Paule and welcome to the iD Mobile Community here.

Generally speaking, if you were to change your cap from say "Zero" to "£5" , then go ahead and hit that £5 max. That £5 would be showing as charges on your next bill.

If you changed the cap to "£5", but only used say "£2.50 of that. You should be able to still change the cap to a lower amount and simply prevent any further outside of plan charges. The charges incurred would again apply to your next bill, and once your allowances refresh, whatever the current cap was, would dictate how much outside of plan charges you could rack up.

I hope that makes sense?
Thanks Kevin. Maybe I didn't get my point across very well.

Ok so as I understand it.

Say my monthly standard call plan is £20. I uncap and rack up an additional spend of £20. I can then re-add a £10 cap and my total bill should not exceed £50. Is that right? and I can keep re-adding the cap. Obviously, any extra charges I've incurred when uncapped will be added to the total bill.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Paule, you can change the cap at any point to any value over your existing spend.

If you change the cap to £20 then incur £20 of charges, the cap will remain in place at £20 until you change it again.
You'll be able to reduce it once your bill is produced or increase it if necessary.

You never uncap the account as such, only raise the limit to which charges can be incurred.
-Phil

Can I change my cap limit from £5 to £0 due to receiving scam texts that are charging me £4.50 per text I receive, that I know nothing about?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Allenw48 

You can change your cap via the app. 

Have your attempted to stop these messages?

Aklima

Why iD Mobile?