Question

50mb used?

• 20 June 2019
  • 4 replies

I have noticed that 50mb has already been used, I have researched this and read that the iD app 'reserves' data. I also read that that data returns when connected to WiFi however this is not the case. Also does this 50mb get reserved each time the app is opened?

Thank you
Anthony

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Ant666_2
If you disable your mobile data connection, this will release the allocated data so when you use the app, you'll see the entire remaining allowance.

Phil
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
I am sorry @Ant666_2 but I am not able to explain why this works like that, I just know that it does. I am with iD since year one and I have never bothered about it as my allowance never drained more that they supposed to.

Kind Regards
Hi @Ant666_2

It is not like 50mb has been taken away from you, it is still there for you to use, it just showing you 50mb less than your actual because app allocate this amount as "data ready to be used" but if it is not used then will put it back to your allowances.

If you open iD Mobile app 4 times per day it will not take 200mb just because. You need to actually use that data for browsing the internet.

This is just to help from exceeding data limits.

Kind Regards

fair enough, but I don't understand why it would need to do that rather than just letting you know how much you have remaining and take what it needs when it needs. I know 50mb is pretty insignificant but, when it's preallocating data how do I actually know what I have left.
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Ant666_2

It is not like 50mb has been taken away from you, it is still there for you to use, it just showing you 50mb less than your actual because app allocate this amount as "data ready to be used" but if it is not used then will put it back to your allowances.

If you open iD Mobile app 4 times per day it will not take 200mb just because. You need to actually use that data for browsing the internet.

This is just to help from exceeding data limits.

Kind Regards

Why iD Mobile?