Solved

96 pound bill for nothing, meant to be 55

• 31 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Why is my bill, that's meant to be 55 pounds now 94?? It says pro rated line rental?? No one told me about this and I feel like I've been totally ripped off, every single month they take the money on the wrong day, they also lied about how long I would need to do a dim only deal for a contract, all I've had is lies and deceivement since I started with ID in so angry and thisbis just a complete joke nearly 100 pounds for what???? I've used nothing but my unlimited data only had the phone a week

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 31 January 2020, 11:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Leonm1991 

If you’d like to get in touch with our office via email, we’ll take a look at the most recent bills in detail and give you a full rundown on everything.  This should hopefully clear up what has happened.

If you could, please email and include in your email your iD Community username, your full name, home address and postcode, mobile number, and email address.

Thanks

I did upgrade your r

I did upgrade your right but my original plan was £14 a month, I upgraded pair my up front cost and my bill was only standing at £14 which cyles on the 19th of the month, so my outstanding was 14 to be paid February 5th, but now they are saying £92 (sorry 96 was incorrect), so for my bill going to Feb since I only upgraded on the 24th of January, billing cycle 19th of January. My bill should be £14, then march the 55 I'm contracted too. Since it will bill on the 19th to be paid 14 days later

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Leonm1991,

That’s odd, all invoices are produced on a set date each month and the Direct Debit is collected 14-days (or just after) this date. Generally, it’s always the same day though.

We would never collect a payment earlier and if you’re not happy with the date of collection, we offer a Direct Debit date change function in the app also.

Pro-rata refers to the recalculation of your line rental on your next bill. This is most commonly after a: 

• Tariff Change
  • Upgrade
  • Direct Debit date change

Let's say your bills are produced on the 1st of each month and payment taken on the 15th of each month and your plan cost is £10.00 per month.

If you upgrade on the 2nd of the month, your bill would have already been produced for that month at £10.00 on the 1st.

We won’t make a second bill that same month, so what happens is, any adjustments are re-calculated on the next month’s bill.

So let’s say you upgraded to a £20.00 plan.

On the 1st of the next month, your bill would be produced for £20.00.

We would then re-calculate last months bill and give you a credit back from the 2nd of the previous month until the end of that month, since you were no longer on the £10.00 plan from that date.

You’ll then get charged the new plan rate from the 2nd up until the end of that month.

This figure is then added to the £20.00 bill giving you your new bill.

This is what I believe has happened, as you’ve upgraded just after your bill has been produced, leading to a higher bill this month down to pro-rata calculation.

Your future bills will then be the normal new price you agreed.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?