Solved

Airtime Rewards

• 6 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Why is Airtime Rewards not supported by ID?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 7 January 2020, 14:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Iancooke16 

Airtime Rewards app works only with main providers in UK which means There, EE, o2, Vodafone. Only MVNO operator that works with the app is Giffgaff. It means it's not supported by Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile, Smarty, Voxi, BT Mobile, iD Mobile, Lebara, Lyca Mobile, Sky Mobile, Plusnet Mobile and list goes on. 

I assume that is because smaller operators as above do not prioritize adding the features but improving existing ones like WiFi Calling and 4G calling support list. Also iD Mobile is one of the cheapest if not the cheapest provider on the market right now. When I see a deal of 10GB for £10 I am keep asking myself how iD Mobile makes any kind of profit when Vodafone offers the same tariff for £15. That is where I see justification in iD Mobile for not supporting Airtime Rewards.

This is of course my personal opinion on the matter.  iD Mobile might see different point of view on the topic, which is actually interesting to read if they are going to share it.

Kind Regards

Gregor

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hey @Iancooke16,

I have had this looked into, and it’s just simply something that we can’t provide on our network at present. Sorry!

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?