Question

Bill higher than expected (Data charges)

Hi there,

Nuisance here (again)!

We appear to have another and potentially similar problem with billing - the June bill is like the first bill (data charges) we had some correspondence about...

Would you mind checking this out and identifying why it's so high... it shouldn't be data related as Alice can't use mobile data (turned off) and is just using Wi-Fi and there's apparently a £5.00 cap on her bills, which you set up!?

Previous correspondence…

Re: Alice Rowe - REMOVED (New Customer) (REMOVED)

Tue, May 19, 2:49 PM

Good afternoon again.

We've added a credit to match the £50 in over-use here as a one-time goodwill gesture credit.  We imagine things are hard enough as it is currently, so we don't want to add to any stress.

We've capped the account at £5 also.  Meaning in future, no more than £5 should be able to be added to a bill for things outside of the included minutes, texts, data that come each month with the tariff.

Best regards,

Kevn

iD Mobile Community Support Team

Thanks in anticipation!

Anthony Rowe (eldest son of Alice Rowe)

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @AMRO,

We are sorry to hear about the issues with your billing. 

Just to confirm you are still receiving high charges even after the cap was applied?

In order to check this out, we would require that the account holder contacts us directly. Is it possible that Alice can contact us directly so we can investigate this further?

Kash

Hi Kash,

As I explained last time, my mother is almost 87 and is not able to contact you herself. Alternatively , you could try to call her on mobile or landline (REMOVED) and discuss!

Please check her status (cap, etc.) and investigate the data charges which she feels have been incorrectly levied (as mobile data has been turned off and she is only able to use Wi-Fi).

Thanks in anticipation!

Regards,

Anthony Rowe

(Eldest son and person who organised phone & contract for Alice)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @AMRO,

We are sorry to hear about that. 

Unfortunately we are unable to call customers on the Community.

In order to check this out, we would need to speak to the account holder so it may be better for them to contact us via Live Chat.

Alternatively if your mother can contact us on the Community we can investigate this further via PM.

Regards,

Kash

As mentioned earlier, Alice is not able do stuff like ‘Live Chat’ (which doesn’t appear to work anyway)!

Please liaise with me, as you have done in the past (see previous correspondence)…

It’ll make life much easier for your customer (Alice)…

And get the issue resolved efficiently/effectively.

Thanks in anticipation!

Anthony Rowe

BTW, you don’t need to liaise with either of us really… 

You know what the issue is… just check it out, and sort it out (by either refunding the over charging or stating why the charge is correct (which it can’t be as stated in previous correspondence)!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @AMRO,

We wouldn’t be able to access an account without first receiving contact from the named account holder, unless you were to hold power of attorney over her affairs. Our Live Chat Team are operational for the most part during the opening hours, so you can assist her with getting in touch with us through that method found here. 

In regards to the issue you have explained, as extra chargeable usage can only be added to the bill the month after, this can cause the bill following on from the capping change to have the extra usage showing. Based upon this, it’s likely the charges were due to be added to the bill before the cap was set to £5.

Ryan

Can’t do that, unfortunately, as  already explained - and I cannot understand why you cannot help us out as you did before, in similar circumstances!

Please give me the name, telephone number and email address of your Marketing/Customer Service/Customer Experience Director, so that I can escalate this matter.

As for your suggestion that the data charges were accrued before the £5 cap came into operation, that is not possible as the previous bills were £9.99 per month and the cap was already in place!

Looking forward to receiving the above details and having a chat with the person responsible for ID Mobile’s poor (in this instance) Customer Experience.

Anthony Rowe (Alice Rowe’s son)

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @AMRO , we won’t be providing you with those details sorry. If you could ask the named account holder to get in touch, that’d be great.

Will

I will track down your head of .customer experience.. In the meantime please provide the contact details of your manager/senior manager (email and/or phone number)...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello AMRO, we’re unable to provide this information to you, we’re sorry about that.

Mohammed

Very helpful!

Will be in touch via different channel...

It looks like Lewis Henry - Head of Customer and Marketing at iD Mobile at Dixons Carphone is on LinkedIn...

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks @AMRO.

Will

Why iD Mobile?