Solved

Bill v/s activation date

• 27 July 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi. I have received my first bill before i have actually received my sim card. Does this mean that my allowance starts from the date of the bill? If so, I will end up paying for the days in between the order date and activation date. How is this fair? Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 30 July 2018, 16:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @platypus,

It’s hard to advise on billing issues without looking at the accounts.

If you joined iD on the 12/11/19 your first bill would have been produced on the 12/11/19 or the 13/11/19 depending when this was connected.

Your payments are always collected 14-days after a bill is produced. Your first payment would be taken on or after the 26/11/19.

Your bills are pro-rata’d. So your first bill covers line rental from the date you were connected up to a month in advance. Your next bill would then cover line rental for the month after and so on.

Your billing period should be the 13/11/19 - 12/12/19   (this is just an estimate and without looking at your account we can’t confirm).

Your next bill would be produced on the 13/12/19 and payment would be collected around the 27/12/19. I hope this clarifies for you.

Mohammed

I was moved to ID against my will by an untrained person. Since then I have received two bills. Since I only ‘joined’ ID on November 12th, I do not expect a bill before December 11th, to be collected on December 26th. One bill gave these details, then another started claiming money in November. Sort it out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @prernakapoor,

SIM's are activated upon dispatch.

The first bill is produced within 48-hours of activation but your Direct Debit isn't taken until 14-days or just after the date your bill is produced.

We activate SIM's on dispatch to prevent any further delays to services or unnecessary contact.

We'd expect the SIM to be with you within 2-3 days.

Should there be any issues with the delivery, feel free to contact us here and we will be able to advise further.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?