Solved

Billing Issue??

Userlevel 1

I’ve just received an email stating my next bill is £31.55 when my app on my phone says £7.72 then £9.99 after. Are you guys trying to confuse me

icon

Best answer by Michelle 11 January 2021, 15:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issue and can’t find how to get this resolved.

Userlevel 1

Glad I'm not the only one to have this issue, I wish they could be contacted easier.

Userlevel 1

It’s frustrating that the “live chat” robot is the only means of communication.  Think live chat is stretching its description a bit. 

When I noticed my data had zoomed up in December I turned all background data usage off on every app and I don’t stream, yet according to id’s website dashboard I have used 4GB in the six days since my last bill.  Just not so.  My phone data usage has to be the correct one but need an id employee to contact me (and you) to get sorted. 

There has to be a customer service department somewhere.

Userlevel 1

I feel your pain my friend, and if you phone customer services an automated voice just directs you to the web site or phone app, where you can indeed enjoy "live chat" With who it didn't bloody work.

Let me know if you track down a human to speak with. 

Userlevel 1

Will do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello all,

Have you tried viewing the bills to see what the discrepancies are?

Bear in mind the “Your next bill so far” is only an estimate of any current unpaid bills +  your next predicted bill.

This may be what’s causing any confusion here.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

That doesn't explain the email stating £31.55 very precise, plus I'm on a fixed monthly plan.

Userlevel 1

No Mohammed you haven’t found a solution to our problem and actually haven’t addressed the issue at all. I’m sorry to say.

My last bill showed my data was 5 times more than I usually use.  Since that bill I have looked at every app and turned off background data usage.  I don’t use apps that eat up lots of data anyway and don’t stream content.  My new allowance came in to play on 2nd January - only one week and 5 have already used 5 times my monthly allowanc - according to iD dashboard from which the billing is charged.  This large data usage did not happen in the months preceding December.  Something is wrong.  The iD dashboard is massively out of sync with my mobile phone data information which says I have only used a small fraction of my data allowance so far.  In fact, I am beginning to wonder if my number has somehow been cloned and my data being used fraudulently by some one else.  Whatever the reason it is incorrectly logging my data usage and is an unacceptable situation that needs urgently sorting out with iD’s help.  Please can you find someone to assist us.

Userlevel 1

Hi lesterjd

I think I have found out how my horrendous data bill occurred.  I had a contract with 0.5GB of data.  I upped it couple of months ago to 1.0GB and also had some data remaining from 12 months 4GB add on.  My add on was almost used up by December but I had 1GB allowance, which would see me through my normal usage that month.  Just checked my data history on my phone and found that I had a software update that used nearly 2GB of data!!  I had been rejecting the software update for months and noted it recommended updating using wifi.  One night I got fed up of the notifications and decided to update my phone over night.    I live in a rural area where the signal is not great and my phone must have been left out of reach of the wifi and so used up mobile data that I didnt have.  Gutted to find this was the reason.

I also thought this month’s dashboard had gone crazy as it says I have used 4.02GB of data.  But this is confusing because I have only used 0.2GB of my data allowance however the other 4GB is the expired add on that I had purchased Feb 2020 expiring.  

That is how my problem is resolved.  I am not happy about the software update but will have to swallow it.  And as for the dashboard readings - that’s just a silly iD reporting system. 

Doesn’t help you if you still have a problem as I never actually got to speak in person to anyone. Check back on your phone data usage - maybe it will shed some light on your problem.

All the best.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @asheshouse 

We can see that you have found the reason behind your data usage, as per your above message.

If you do require any further help, please do let us know. 

Michelle 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @lesterjd 

Have you managed to take a look at your recent bill?

If you do require further help, please let us know and we’ll send you a private message.

Michelle 

Userlevel 1

Hi asheshouse

Glad you sorted out your problem, I mainly use the house wi-fi so don't get stung with the extra days bill.

Michelle thanks for the reply, my recent bill is as stated in the original post, but it doesn't explain the email I received saying that the bill is £31.55. As long as the bill I get is the same as what the app reports all will be fine.

Lesterjd

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @lesterjd 

If you have not gone over your monthly usage or incurred any extra charges then your bill will remain the same. Once you have received your bill and if for any reason it is not what you were expecting, feel free to message us here and we will investigate.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?