Solved

Blacklisted IMEI

• 4 September 2018
  • 7 replies

I have a Xiaomi Redmi note 3 that I have bought 2 years ago separately from an iD mobile SIM only deal.

Since this weekend I have a network connection problem, saying that my "sim does not allow connection to this network. I checked my IMEI number and it is apparently blacklisted. My phone was not stolen, lost or anything and I have never asked for it to be blacklisted.

Is it something that iD Mobile can resolve? With no network my phone is useless...
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 7 September 2018, 14:47

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @saratoti,

Are you still with iD Mobile for this?

Did you perhaps accidentally report the phone as lost/stolen in the iD app?

This may have blacklisted the handset.

In this case, we'd look at un-blacklisting this.

If it wasn't us that blacklisted it, the network that completed this action would need to do it.

Mohammed
Hi Mohammed,

Apparently my debit card information was stolen with money taken from my bank account. From what I saw on my statement, the thug used a service to make anonymous call and may have called iD mobile on my behalf to block my phone so that I don't get the text alert from the bank. I went to the CarPhone Warehouse but they only gave me a new SIM card (which was useless). I need to go there again as I just can't call iD Customer Service.

I also would like to change my number, but I don't know if I need to close my iD subscription/contract and open a new one.

Thank you for your answer, I really appreciated it :)

Sarah
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hi Mohammed,

Apparently my debit card information was stolen with money taken from my bank account. From what I saw on my statement, the thug used a service to make anonymous call and may have called iD mobile on my behalf to block my phone so that I don't get the text alert from the bank. I went to the CarPhone Warehouse but they only gave me a new SIM card (which was useless). I need to go there again as I just can't call iD Customer Service.

I also would like to change my number, but I don't know if I need to close my iD subscription/contract and open a new one.

Thank you for your answer, I really appreciated it :)

Sarah

Oh no, that's definitely a tricky situation you're in there @saratoti,

I've dropped you a PM with how we can resolve this for you and really sorry to hear you've been a victim of fraud this way.

Check your PM's and we'll pick this up and hopefully get this resolved.

Mohammed

Hi I payed off my account in July last year and phone went off in dec I thought the aerial went innit but found out ID have put in a blacklisted as lost or stolen which it isn't I want this removing the account has been payed in full so why has ID blocked it I either want it back on or a full refund on the contract as I've payed for a phone contract for u to block it

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Maneater 69 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ll get someone to pick this up for you and they’ll contact you via PM shortly.

Pearl

I bought a second hand galaxy s9plus from a trusted seller, this phone was on id and contract was fully paid but still when I tried to enter anther network it appears as blacklist 

tried to call the customer service but it was just waste of time 

please help me

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Ramia999 

Could you ask the owner of the phone to contact us?  We’d need to speak to the account holder from the time see in order to be able to investigate any potential wrongdoing that may have come from our side there.

If you could have him get in touch here or through our Live Chat Team, then we’d be happy to help.

Why iD Mobile?