Solved

Blocking texting competitions

• 16 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi, how can I change it so ID won’t automatically block messages I send to enter competitions. Due to corona they have closed their call centres.

thanks 

icon

Best answer by Ryan 21 September 2020, 16:48

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Michaela,

To ensure premium texts messages can be sent, we would advise ensuring the premium feature is enabled within your account online or through our app. You should also make sure that your bill cap is set high enough to allow the charge to be made.

Please let us know how you get on.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

thanks I’ve done that so I’ll let you know. I’m also trying to get notifications on any delays on national rail trains and I have to confirm my Number by texting them but every time I do this it just says not delivered.

do you have any thoughts on this? 

thanks so much 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Michaela 

Have you raised your spend cap to allow the message to be sent?

It’s possible the number needs to be whitelisted to be sent on our network.

Mohammed

Hi Mohammed,

ive raised the cap and it’s still not delivering, is there anyway i can get it approved with ID, the call centres are closed so I can’t talk to someone. Maybe something on the app etc I can do? 

thanks so much 

Michaela 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Michaela,

Thanks. We will have our Support Team send you a PM now so we can take some details to get this sorted.

Ryan

I wish to block any premium calls and texts that come from Alert club or any other club that sends me messages that charge I have been charged already from “Alert club” without my permission and have had to cancel them from sending anymore as they charge this is why my bill has increased please block all premium texts and calls 

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Ella. 18, we’re not able to block incoming premium services, I’m afraid; only outbound.

If these are things you’ve subscribed to, you’ll need to contact the company directly and ask them to remove you from their distribution list.

Usually, texting STOP to the number will unsubscribe you from any texts, but I’m not entirely sure that will stop the calls.

If you can’t find contact details for the company, try getting in touch with the Phone-paid Services Authority (PSA) as they’re in charge of this sort of thing and should be able to help.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?