Solved

Brand new customer on £6, 2gb. Uswitch offering £6, 3gb. How do I switch to that?

• 30 September 2020
  • 17 replies

Userlevel 1

As title, would prefer not to have to order another sim and switch, but same seem to find anything within my account, and the chat bot was fairly useless.

Thanks for any help. 

Mark

icon

Best answer by Will 2 October 2020, 19:08

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Oracus,

We’ll drop you a Private message now to see what we can find for you in terms of a tariff change.

Will

Userlevel 1

Thanks Will

As my response in PM, I've already asked the question of your LiveChat colleagues when they were open, and was told that the uSwitch offer was not available to me, and that cancelling everything and re-ordering was the only option.
I've since cancelled my number port, my contract, and ordered a new SIM via uSwitch.

It must be said that the operative was incredibly helpful, but let down by awful business process.
What I've had to do not only was a terrible customer experience for a new customer, but has also cost ID Mobile significantly more than empowering colleagues to just switch to other available deals. It took longer to deal with me on webchat that it would have to just switch my tariff, you've had to post out 2 SIMs, processed 2 applications etc etc.

Given your colleagues' helpfulness I will give it all another go, and hope that your poor business processes end there - but would appreciate you feeding this compliment about your staff, and compliant about your shocking customer experience and process back to the appropriate management team.

Thanks

Mark

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

I’ll be sure to do both @Oracus.

Do you remember the agents name? If not, what time did the chat take place?

Will

Userlevel 1

Thank you - and Yes

Thu, 1 Oct 2020 17:43:31 +0100 GMT

Jaydene was the chat operator

Ta

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Thanks very much for that, @Oracus. We’ll be sure to feed everything back in order to improve our service going forward. If you need help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Hello - I am an existing customer and wish something similar. uSwitch and MSE both offer 4GB at £6 yet I have no option to switch to that. I don't want to have s whole new SIM delivered as it would be a waste. Is there something you can do for me?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @babissimo,

I’m sure we can sort something out @babissimo. We’ll drop you a Private message now to see what can be done.

Will

Hi @babissimo,

I’m sure we can sort something out @babissimo. We’ll drop you a Private message now to see what can be done.

Will

I am experiencing a similar position. IDMobile is holding a deal for me for 15GB for £8 per month through USwitch, but this is not showing as an available upgrade on the app. Please let me know if there is anything you can do or whether I just need to go through the process of leaving you, getting a PAC code, then rejoining you with the same PAC code, setting up another direct debit and cancelling my original direct debit.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @CRFCRE 

We are sorry to hear this. please contact our ‘Upgrade’s Team’ on our Live Chat | iD Mobile Network function where someone will be able to assist you. Our team will proceed by verifying your details and the details of our competitor’s deal you’d like us to compare. You can chat to the upgrades team here - when in a chat, tell our virtual assistant that you would like to upgrade, you’ll then be directed to our ‘Upgrades Team’. Please note that the live chat ‘Upgrade Team’ are only available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays.

-Mohsin

Hello Mohsin,

If I use your link, I get directed to the Chatbot, not the upgrades team. I have bought the 15GB £8 deal from ID Mobile through USwitch. Should I then just get my PAC code on my old account and then use it to transfer my number to the new account once my SIM card arrives?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @CRFCRE, Mohsin had sent the correct link as it was the Live Chat team you needed to speak to. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to PAC transfer within a network, so you’d have to use a different network SIM as a stepping stone in this scenario.

Alternatively, you can cancel the new SIM you ordered through USwitch and speak to our Upgrades Team via the Live Chat link that Mohsin sent.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory,

I have tried Mohsin's link again and once I have answered my name and number query it connects me to the Chatbot, not an Upgrade team.

Kind regards,

Robin Earle

Above where the link got me to.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @CRFCRE, which method would you prefer? Would you like to PAC across via another network SIM, or would you like to cancel and re-order?

Just let us know and we’ll be happy to assist.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory,

If the 15GB deal is available internally, of course I would love to do that.  If not, I’ll acquire another network sim, PAC across and PAC back.  Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Robin

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @CRFCRE, we’re not able to see if it’s available right now; we’d have to take some details from you privately and take a look at your account, as the deals available to each customer differ. This may take some time as we have a queue of queries currently.

The triangular PAC would be the safest bet in this instance, but we’re of course happy to assist no matter what you decide.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?