Call barring not lifted

• 14 December 2018
  • 9 replies

Rang ID numerous times for call barring to be lifted and phone still not working

9 replies

Badge +10
Welcome to the ID Community,

Call barring can be disabled from any handset from either the settings or phone menu.
settings/phone/call barring and turn if off
or from phone/settings/call barring and turn it off

If that doesn't work try turning the mobile off and back on so the ID Call Barring service unblock can update on the mobile.
Thank you for your response. I am using an iPhone 6 and there is no call barring option under settings/phone
Badge +10
@Jolosh that is true for the iPhone it just contains blocked number settings and other stuff
However if you have tried restarting the mobile you can now follow the below:

Check your iPhone settings

1. Turn Airplane Mode on and off. Go to Settings and turn on Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn it off.
  2. Check your Do Not Disturb settings. Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and make sure it's off.
  3. Check for any blocked phone numbers. Go to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification.
  4. See if Call Forwarding is turned on. Go to Settings > Phone > Call Forwarding and make sure it's off.

Update your software

1. Check for a carrier settings update.
  2. Check for an iOS software update. Some updates might require a Wi-Fi connection.
There was a new carrier network settings update for iphone released along with a software update recenlty, this is best done with the itunes software connected to a computer.

Check your network settings

1. Reset your network settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will erase all current saved Wi-Fi passwords, preferred networks, and VPN settings.
(You will not delete any personal data by reseting the network)
It did not work
Badge +10
Please check there aren't any localised service outages.
Pop your postcode into the Coverage Checker: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/uk-coverage-checker

When you log into your account dashboard does it have a billing-related block on it?

This is a long shot: Remove and reinsert your SIM card?

Might need a member of staff to look at this if nothing else!
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Jolosh,

Are you referring to an outgoing service bar placed due to an unpaid bill?

Have you since made a payment for your account to clear any outstanding bills?

Mohammed
All bills paid so I am therefore paying for a service I cannot use!
The batting was applied so as my son couldn’t make any calls
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Jolosh,

Do you have the same issue when trying the SIM card in another phone? This will pinpoint where the issue lies.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?