Solved

Can't access my bills. ID refuse to acknowledge me but I have received debt recovery letter. How can I see what I owe?

• 1 October 2020
  • 7 replies

I bought a SIM for my son. I can’t remember if it was registered in my name or his, but I pay all the bills. He asked if he could upgrade it and I repeatedly tried to discuss with ID and gave all my details and those of my son to Live chat but they would not deal with me. I therefore cancelled the Direct Debit and purchased a new SIM from ID. Now  I have received a debt recovery letter but still don’t know what the bill is for or how to pay it. please help.

icon

Best answer by Rory 3 October 2020, 18:28

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @steveupton2710, thanks for getting in touch. The debt recovery letter will be for the SIM that you ordered; cancelling the Direct Debit isn’t sufficient to cancel the line, I’m afraid. Who was it that you spoke to? 

Have you tried talking to our Live Chat team?

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

It was live chat that I spoke to and I have to say that I felt so dissatisfied that I tried at least two or three times but eventually gave up. 

I have tried to follow your advice but of course Live Chat is not showing anywhere on the web page.

All I am trying to do is pay my bill. ID must be the most difficult organisation to deal with.

[Edit]

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @steveupton2710, I’ve just dropped you a private message so we’ll take it from there.

Thank you,

Rory

Have you sent the message to the ID SIM? IN which case i will have to contact my son to forward it to me. 

My son says he has not received a message on his phone. i haven’t received a message on my phone or email. What do you mean by ‘I’ve just dropped  you a private message’?

Please tell me you haven’t sent a message to the previous SIM which I have told you is now defunct.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @steveupton2710 

If you click on your profile here, then go to your inbox.  It’s on the iD Community to which Rory was referring to above.
If you haven’t already, please respond there and we’ll help you further.

Why iD Mobile?