Solved

Can’t premium text 65555

• 21 November 2019
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I can’t text 65555. I’ve got enough in my cap limit and premium services shows as on, and I’ve just turned that off and on, but still no joy…

Can you help please?

Cheers,

Dave

icon

Best answer by ChrisMc 5 December 2019, 09:32

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 1

I notice that there are posts that about this problem (12 months and 3 months ago).  But, despite both being supposedly fixed, I now find that I can’t enter the competition by texting to 65555 short code premium number. 

• I have checked that I have a big enough in my Extra Usage Charge 
  • I have access to premium numbers turned on
  • and, I have spent over an hour talking to an online operator via the ID Mobile website.

Despite the time on the help chat, everything the operator tried or suggested did not work.  Nor, did asking him to upgrade my problem (reference number 1821559) as I haven’t been contacted within the 3-5 days, as promised.

So, I wonder if anyone in the Community has this problem or can suggest a fix?

PS:  The error message is Code Error 28 and, yes I know there are other ways to enter that competition.

Userlevel 3

Have you tried calling the gadget show instead of texting?

Userlevel 1

I concur the problem has arisen again. It was me that raised the issue last year and I have been entering C5 competitions up to October this year on 65555 with no problems and went to enter Gadget Show compo today on 65555 and getting same problem as last year so looks like Id mobile blocking the number again. Hopefully someone will get on the case and get it unblocked. In mean time will resort to phone entry and postal entry.

Userlevel 1

Same problem as last year when I raised the issue of problem entering Gadget Show Competition on 65555 and it was sorted pretty quickly and has been ok since then. I too tried to enter competition today on 65555 and sending problem come back. I have posted in another users post just now, so hopefully idmobile will see it is a reoccuring issue with multiple users and get problem sorted!

Userlevel 1

Excellent! I saw you had had the same fault. Thanks for replying, hopefully it will get noticed now.

dave

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello all,

I’ll raise this to the Team now to look into!

I’ve also merged the posts.

To confirm for all other users who may be reading this:

You’ll need to ensure that Premium SMS Bar is OFF to allow these types of texts.

You’ll also need to raise the spend cap to allow the text to send. For example, if it’s £2.50 per text, you need to make sure your cap is at least higher than this, for example £5.00. If you’ve already eaten into your spend cap, you’d need to raise it so your total spend cap is high enough to allow this.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed, 

I  have £25 of my cap limit left and I can “make premium calls, and send premium texts and premium MMS.”

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi Mohammed, 

I  have £25 of my cap limit left and I can “make premium calls, and send premium texts and premium MMS.”

Hey @D to the m ,

Don’t worry, my message was for anyone who would have since read this post looking for a response from iD or anyone who hasn’t done this yet.

I’ve flagged this and it’s being looked into.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issue!  It was sorted last year but has risen it’s ugly head again. Most hacked off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello all,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you here.

This should now be resolved, if you can all test this?

I am having the same issue!  It was sorted last year but has risen it’s ugly head again. Most hacked off.

Can you make sure you’ve adjusted the spend cap as well as ensuring that you’ve not got the premium messaging bar turned on?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hello all,

Can you make sure you’ve adjusted the spend cap as well as ensuring that you’ve not got the premium messaging bar turned on?

Mohammed

Thanks Mohammed, indeed it now seems to be working. Just out of interest, why does it keep coming back as an issue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello all,

Mohammed

Thanks Mohammed, indeed it now seems to be working. Just out of interest, why does it keep coming back as an issue?

Hey @ChrisMc,

Not quite sure, but we use Three UK’s network infrastructure to provide coverage.

So for premium messages, I’d assume there’s a list of numbers allowed on the network.

6555 may not have been previously there and was added.

Not sure if it’s being removed after a set period of time as you advised it was working for a year and then back again.

Would be keen to see if it’s permanently fixed now or if it’s going to come back again next year only time will tell!

If you have any issues let us know :)

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I have just entered Gadget Show compo on 65555 and can report it worked ok, so hopefully we can have a period of no probs like last time it was ‘fixed’! Like Mohammed says it may be that same thing happens again in a year or and I’ll certainly report issue again if and when that happens. Good luck to everyone entering Gadget Show compo, but obviously I hope I’m the winner. I’d even be happy with one of the 5 runner up prizes in the Xmas compo currently running.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have just entered Gadget Show compo on 65555 and can report it worked ok, so hopefully we can have a period of no probs like last time it was ‘fixed’! Like Mohammed says it may be that same thing happens again in a year or and I’ll certainly report issue again if and when that happens. Good luck to everyone entering Gadget Show compo, but obviously I hope I’m the winner. I’d even be happy with one of the 5 runner up prizes in the Xmas compo currently running.

Glad to hear @SpookyGhost,

Good luck also!

I remember watching the compettitions as a kid and wondering where I’d fit all the prizes in my house if I won :grin:

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You’re very welcome @D to the m  :slight_smile:

I've tried to enter today and I can't? Please can someone explain the spend cap and premium bar? I don't have a cap as far as I know. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Ktclaire,

The spending cap can and will stop premium services as it stops your bill from going over a certain amount. If your bill cap is set to £0, this will stop all premium texts from being sent. If you log into your account online, ensure the bill cap is set high enough to allow the text to be sent. It may need to be increased even if it is not £0 as it takes into account if you have used some of the cap already.

The premium bar can also be found within your app/account settings and having the premium option enabled will allow the text to be sent.

Ryan

As far as I'm aware I don't have a spend cap, I often occasionally enter competitions and I've never had a problem - only with this number? Could there be another reason? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Ktclaire,

Right I see, and are you having an issue with a particular premium text message number, or is it to do with the one mentioned by the original poster; 65555?

If it is 65555 then the number should be set up on our network as they were able to message them in the end.

Ryan

hi, yes it's 65555 particularly - my partner had the same problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Ktclaire,

We’ve raised this to our Team to look into to see if we can find out what’s happening with this.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?