Solved

Can't send STOP message to 85 number

• 29 April 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
I'm getting messages that I have presumably signed up to at some point that are charging me £4.50 a pop when I receive them.

I'm trying to reply STOP to 85088 and I get an error 23 code.

I've got ~£10 left on my limit this month so unless the amount it's trying to bill me for is over that, I presume the issue is that iD haven't yet approved texts to 85 numbers on their network?
icon

Best answer by Ryan 30 April 2019, 16:44

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Emzy72 

Welcome to iD Community.

If you feel that the company send you those messages is charging you, you can simply get in  touch with the PSA Authority (Link) , its a great site to use in order to contact the company directly.
Let us know how you get on .

Thanks, 

Pearl

What was the answer then??.. iv got exactly the same and i dont see why i have to raise my cap to reply STOP to a 5 digit number.. when it should come under my nirmal txt allowance as they dont charge for a reply to stop??

thx 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
That's great @bankes89, let us know if you need anything else.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
@Ryan managed to get them through email, thanks for your help though
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @bankes89,

The only other reason that could cause this would be due to the short code number not being registered on our side. A short code number may not registered if it is a fairly new number or it can be due to the nature of the company using that number.

If you'd like it looking into further, please let me know the full number and I can pass it on.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Thanks @Ryan premium messages are on so the cause lies somewhere else.

I have also reached out to them via email (thanks for the link) so will see what happens.

Still the question remains - why won't the texts send? I have previously unsunscribed from another short code number without issues.

Cheers,
Jon
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @bankes89,

Have you checked whether or not the premium bar is turned on within the settings of your account online? This is something that can prevent text messages from being sent to short code numbers.

If you feel that the company sending you those messages has been charging you unfairly or you simply want to get in touch with them, then PSA Authority (Link) is a great site to use in order to contact the company directly.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?