Solved

Can't text 68680 Southern station car park payment, account setup?

Badge
Need to send my car reg by text to 68680, which isn't a premium rate number, to register for disabled parking at Southern Rail car parks.
Come's back with 'text failed'.
Is this a setting issue with my ID account?
icon

Best answer by starchaser 9 May 2019, 00:43

View original

5 replies

Badge
I should add that I have no other issues, calls, text, data, roaming, overseas all work OK.
Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi starchaser, do you know if there is any charge applied for this text? If you have a 0 cap this will prevent the message being sent?

You could check your cap and try again, let us know if it still doesn't work please by emailing with the details of your account.

Thank you
-Phil

Badge
Hi Phil, thanks for your reply. There should be no charge for the text, my id account cap is set to £5 anyway. Sent email as you suggested. I will post the answer when I get one.
Thanks, Andrew
Badge
Ryan from Id community support suggested trying enabling premium features, which I did, and it worked.
Tucked away in the 'connect cashless parking' website is the hidden note that texts are charged at 10p
Their statement 'The Short Code is not a premium number and is normally included within standard mobile phone contracts' I guess is technically correct, however I believe a bit misleading.

Answer - texts to 68680 are charged at 10p so premium features need to be on.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @starchaser,

Yes, I'm glad that it managed to sort out the issue. It is a little sneaky of that company, in my opinion, to advertise that the short code number is not premium, but even though they charge 10p, it's still classed as such.

Do let me know if you need anything else!

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?