Solved

Cancel Direct Debit but keep the connection active by paying the bill manually online.

• 17 May 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi,
Is there way to cancel my direct debit on sim only contract (rolling) and make manual payments online when necessary?

Example : Currently on 1 month rolling contract with direct debit being setup, but wish to cancel the direct debit an pay in manually into my account when the e-bill is generated?

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 17 May 2019, 13:55

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @jainvikas8,

I've moved your topic to the section for Bills, allowances & charges

You're welcome to cancel your Direct Debit and pay manually each month via the iD app, account or our automated payment line.
We'd always recommend Direct Debit as it's the easiest way to pay. If the date of payment isn't convenient for you, you can change this in the account.

But if you'd still like to pay manually, that's fine. We'd recommend monitoring your account regularly in the iD app/account to ensure that bills are paid on time. As payments that are missed can lead to an outgoing bar placed on the services and may negatively impact your credit score via late payments.

Hope this answers your question!

Mohammed
Userlevel 1
What is the timeline to pay the bill when payment is done manually? Are we notified regarding our bills via E-mail or SMS service?
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @jainvikas8,

You will be sent your bill reminder either by email or SMS, whichever you use and you can also see the bill within our App or your account online. We would then expect payment within 14-days of this date before your services are affected.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
If I keep my direct debit active, how would be out of allowances charges are to be paid?
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @jainvikas8,

Any out-of-allowance charges are calculated at the end of the billing cycle and then added onto the bill the next month, so it will be your monthly recurring cost + any additional charges.

Ryan

my servuce has been restricted and i cannot pay till next week but i need service on my phone i have paid my bills on time regularty

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @kirykyriacou 

Welcome to iD Community.

So sorry about your situation. 

The restriction is automatically applied on the account and lifted once the balance is cleared. 

We are unable to lift restriction is payment is not received.

Thanks, 

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?