Solved

Cancelling a sim only plan that I have never used

• 3 April 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi, I ordered a sim in January. Tried twice to use a PAC code, but it failed both times. I never used the sim and carried on with my previous supplier. You have charged me for 3 months, despite me being unable to use your product. I can’t cancel it, because I can’t set up an account. I have no idea what the phone number was now. I only have the order number and I can’t speak to anyone. I have cancelled the direct debit and am being threatened with a financial penalty despite the fact I have never used the sim as your company was unable to connect me! Please advise 

icon

Best answer by PavD 6 April 2020, 20:25

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @nic1234 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I have sent you a direct message with some further information. 

Regards,

Pav

Hello

I too have returned to my original provider. iD Mobile is clueless. I am trying to cancel my sim only contract of just over a week. How do I manage this. Every attempt on the iD app takes me to the website and to the live chat option which isn’t an option as no one is available. I am going to cancel the debit order with my bank and if iD threaten me with anything, I’ll return the favour.

Can anyone advise how to end a dismal contract with iD Mobile successfully please.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Lesley , 

Welcome to iD Community.We are so sorry to read you’re leaving us.

Here are a few options on how to cancel iD Mobile.

Are you moving to another network?

If you want to take your number to another network you can do this by getting your PAC, if you want to leave and not take your number with you, you can get a STAC. Both of these methods will immediately terminate your iD Mobile plan once you move to a new provider.

Move and take your mobile number using a PAC:

If you want to keep your mobile number and move to another provider simply:

Text PAC DDMMYY to 65075 (DDMMYY should be your date of birth, for example, 301099 would be 30th October 1999). We'll text you back with your PAC number which will be valid for 30 days.

It’s totally free, and you will receive a text with your PAC number within a minute, it also will also include important information about any early termination charges (if any).

Reminder: you will have 30 days in which to provide your PAC to your new network.

Move and don’t take your mobile number using a STAC:

If you don’t need to keep your number and want move to another provider simply:

Text STAC DDMMYY to 75075 (DDMMYY should be your date of birth, for example, 301099 would be 30th October 1999). We'll text you back with your STAC number which will be valid for 30 days.

Again, it’s totally free and you’ll receive a text with your STAC number within a minute, it will also include important information about any early termination charges.

Reminder: you will have 30 days in which to provide your STAC to you new network.

Not moving to another network?

If you’re not moving to another network, and just want to end your iD Mobile plan, you can do this on the iD Mobile app or My Account online. Please note that if you choose to end your plan they way, you will be subject to a 30-day disconnection period.

To disconnect your plan, without a PAC or STAC, simply:

• Go to the ‘My Account’ Page
  • On the ‘Manage my plan’ tile, select ‘End my plan’
  • Select ‘End your iD Mobile plan’ and follow the instructions

Hope this helps

Pearl

Trying to end my plan but I can’t get onto the link to contact customer service and Live chat not available. Any suggestions? Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @LindsayD, Is it a new plan you’re ending, or a new one you’re cancelling within 14 days?

Will

Yes @Will  All sorted now thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Oh excellent, cheers for letting us know @LindsayD.

Will

Userlevel 1

hi my 24 month contract ended on the 24th may 2020 and  i no longer use this number or phone and also want to cancel my contract with ID but i am getting no were i owe 40 upto now after leaving and canceling my DD at the bank

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @anthony pitts,

We’ll send you a Private Message now to assist with getting your account closed down for you.

Will

Why iD Mobile?