Solved

Cannot cancel or pay balance

• 28 April 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

I no longer have my IDmobile SIM. I haven’t used it for ages. I never used it to register (on the app or online). How can I now cancel and pay the outstanding balance? All attempts to register ask for a security code which I assume you are sending to the dormant mobile number.

[Not really part of this, but leaving a very bad taste in the mouth: The letter demanding payment refers to previous attempts to contact me, but there have been zero previous emails or letters. And you surely know that the mobile number has been unused for many many months. It would be disingenuous to claim a text message to a dormant number is a valid attempt to contact me, especially on a “debt collection” matter.]

icon

Best answer by Pearl_c6 29 April 2020, 14:49

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Steffan 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Userlevel 1

Can anyone help? I cannot go to Live Chat. Does it require log-in? If so, I need a different solution as i cannot log in to pay my bill and cancel this account.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Steffan 

No login is needed. 

All you need to do is click the blue box and fill in the questions such as name and number.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks 

Pearl

Userlevel 1

All done now. Thanks. The Blue Chat box was simply not there until about 10 minutes ago.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Steffan,

Thanks for letting us know. The team can often be shown as offline if the queue volume is large but it does open up again soon after so we apologise for the inconvenience when waiting.

Ryan

Exactly the same thing has happened to me. It’s my daughters phone and she’s not used it for at least 4 months, I’ve tried cancelling and keep getting letters saying ID mobile have been trying to contact me but I’ve not received anything until this demand letter. So frustrating!! This is the second time! I thought this was all sorted the last time I received such a letter!

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @jaimetreeby 

Sorry to hear this.

I have sent you a private message with more details. 

Regards

Aklima

Why iD Mobile?