Question

Cap reached message

My elderly mum is using a non smartphone mobile and for the last month has been unable to make calls. As she is currently shielding I’m unable to visit but she says she gets a message saying her cap has been met. The bills are currently being paid by direct debit and the last payment was made on 3rd June. Any idea why she still cannot make calls.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Tamkoops,

iD Mobile is not able to provide a refund for these charges as the text subscriptions are signed up to from the user end and not by the network.

We're unable to stop these or unsubscribe you to these from our end. In most cases, you will need to text STOP to the number to stop the subscription. Doing so may incur a further charge for sending the text, however, it should stop any further communication from them. If you did not sign up to this subscription yourself and believe you have been scammed, we'd urge you to first contact the company directly to obtain a refund (and be removed from their mailing lists).

There's a regulatory body called the Phone-paid Services Authority (PSA) who regulate these companies. You can use their website at https://psauthority.org.uk to locate the information about the company. If you've already contacted the company and failed to retrieve a resolution, you can make a complaint via PSA directly. Please also see the following article which refers to this type of situation: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/im-being-charged-for-unwanted-premium-rate-text-messages it may provide some further insight into these types of subscriptions.

Hope this help.

Will

To be honest I don’t recall anything with this number. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Did you respond to the 852222 number? @Tamkoops 

Hi 

yes I have seen the breakdown AND I have read up on this 85222 number and it is all a scam. 
Other people on this network have also reported this problem. 

I would very much like my cap to be reimbursed please. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Tamkoops 

You should be able to see a breakdown of this through your iD Mobile app. Please can you check to see if you are able to see this?

-Mohsin

I have reached my cap in 3 days from paying my bill!! How and why??

I have never done this before. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Robinsarju,

We’ve sent you a PM here, we can try to increase your credit limit and capped limit temporarily for this month as long as a payment has been made in advance as suggested.

Mohammed

Thanks Mohsin, I've already reached and previously increased my limit. What I need id to do is use the money I've paid them so that I can use my phone instead of them holding the money until my bill date is due. Alternatively they could increase my credit limit. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Robinsarju 

We are sorry to hear this. We can confirm we are actual people here and here to help with any issues you may have. You can increase your Spend Cap through your iD Mobile app. 

Here’s how to do this:
• Select 'Services’ from the bottom menu of the app (or ‘My Services’ if you’re in My Account.)
• Then select ‘Edit my capped limit’. You can then move the slider anywhere between £5 and your credit limit.

-Mohsin

I have reached my capped limit and although I have paid £40 onto my account the cap has not been credited. Why must I wait until my payment date for the cap to be reduced. Sadly I am a vulnerable person and not being able to talk to a human being is not conjusive to my health. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @glyn181 

Welcome to the iD Community.

Sorry to hear about your cap.

Is the account under her name?

Please  advise to contact our Live Chat team  who can look into her account for her.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on this page, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?