Solved

Carlos1965

• 3 April 2020
  • 9 replies

So I have earlier today received a text telling me that I have used 100% of my allowance and I will be charged 40p a minute from now on.  This concerns meas I recently changed my plan and also when I log onto my account it states I have unlimited minutes.  So two very different answers and I feel the lack of support is totally unacceptable and shutting up shop is not on for your clients….I manage a Social services office and although skeleton staff we are still in supporting service users.  Can someone find the time to tell me what is the correct answer my number is 07828559428 Thanks Carl.

icon

Best answer by Gregor 3 April 2020, 23:22

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Carlos1965 

The message that you received is generated automatically and send when you are about you use up all allowances. If you changed your plan after that message was generated you will still receive it. As long as your account shows that you are good to use your phone you have nothing to worry about you won't be charged extra.

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Hi Gregor

No I changed it approximately a week ago and getting this text message on my mobile is a slight concern.  However I have logged onto my account which states unlimited minutes so unsure of why this has been sent.  Have saved copies of messages and screenshot of account in case they try to charge me.  Also a concern that you cannot contact customer service even if we have coronavirus...I am still going in to manage a local government office.  Thanks Carl

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Carlos1965 

I am sorry but I do not want to discuss the fact that customer support is closed as I am here just to try my best to help people like you. I do not work for iD Mobiles so its not my place to comment on this. 

What I can do is to assure you that you are save and no charges will be made to your account as long as you have unlimited minutes. 

I get these messages almost every month and no single penny was taken from my bank account. Here is a wee screenshot of the messages I get from iD Mobile. 

Kind Regards

Gregor

Hi Gregor

Sorry I did not mean to sound as though I was having a go at you but quite alarming that people get these messages.

Many thanks for your help and will now feel more assured that \i have nothing to worry about extra charges.

Kindest regards

Carl

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Carlos1965 

If you have upgraded to an unlimited plan you can disregard this message. 

Possibly what has happened is the system has not updated therefore automatic notifications are sent to warn you. 

I hope this helps.

Aklima 

I have the same issue. I cant contact anyone at the moment so this answer is very helpful. My account shows unlimited minutes so I will carry on regardless.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

That sounds about right @davidbuist . If it continues into next month though, please do let us know.

Cheers,

Will

Thank you. I have received the same text stating I will be charged 40p even though I have unlimited minutes. Was in a real panic about it. At least this has eased my worry somewhat.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @PippaB 

Please check and let us know, if it is the same for you too next month.

Thanks,

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?