Why have I been charged for sending an mms messageĀ 

icon

Best answer by Kevin 30 July 2020, 19:37

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Howdy @Layla65Ā 

MMS messages would be chargeable on most networks as far as I know.

They cost 30p a message with ourselves.

If youā€™re looking to send pictures etc to friends then the best method would be using WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Line Messenger etc.Ā  These types of messenger services use Mobile Data/ WiFi.Ā  So providing you have Mobile Data/ WiFi coverage youā€™ll face no extra charge for sending things there.

Ā 

More on charges here:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/call-charges

Userlevel 1

Thanks Kevin the other thing Iā€™ve noticed is that 4GĀ is limited and reverts to 3G a lot where I work in Pyle. Any ideas why?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Do you have a full postcode for the Pyle area in particular @Layla65Ā 

Do you have WiFi available at work at all?

What phone are you using with the iD Mobile SIM?Ā  As WiFi calling could potentially help if your phone supports it.

Userlevel 1

Hi Kevin the postcode is CF33 6BL and itā€™s an iPhone 11, there is WiFi at work but itā€™s only for guests not employees sadly.

Ā 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

If the option is there for you to sign in to the WiFi (not particularly to use, but just to have connected).Ā 

Then you could enable WiFi calling in the iPhone 11 settings.Ā  What this will do is use WiFi to get a little signal boost in area (or buildings) that are otherwise limited.

Ā 

Having a closer look on the postcode from our side, it does seem to be reporting that more congestion (than usual) has been affecting the 4g speeds as of late.Ā  We have no word back on whether Three have plans to potentially upgrade the mast to ease this strain and improve things though currently.

Ā 

So WiFi calling could really be the best thing here if you can potentially have work ā€œokā€ that?Ā  If youā€™re otherwise unable to remain reachable whilst there that is?

Userlevel 1

Hi Kevin thatā€™s really helpful mist appreciated.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Glad we could help @Layla65. Youā€™re always welcome to drop by again if you need anything else in the future.

Ā 

Will

Why iD Mobile?