Solved

Charged full amount after 24 months. Never got email to let me know contract was about to end

• 28 February 2021
  • 3 replies

My contract ended about two months ago but I never got an email from ID mobile to remind me of the end date or to let me know about the options I had. As a result, I’ve been charged for two months the full amount of £31.55 when I could have changed to a cheaper plan. Since I was supposed to receive an email close to the end of my contract to remind me and to let me know of my options, but I never got it, I would like a refund for the difference I’ve been charged since my contract ended on 20/01/2021.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 5 March 2021, 15:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Nmattogno,

We’re sorry for any upset caused here. As the bill payer, you would be responsible to keep on top of when your plan ends so we would not be able to refund you for any months paid past the initial 24-month period. It is written within your terms and conditions that we need to be given notice of you wanting to leave I’m afraid. Where have you seen within those terms that we are supposed to send you an email reminder that your plan has ended? We will look into this further if that is the case to see if there is anything we can do.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your reply. It is clearly stated in your FAQ that you will send an email when the contract is coming to an end to let me know about my options. Moreover, it also says that Ofcom requires you to do so. Quoting from your FAQ page:

“End-of-contract notifications

What are ‘end-of-contract notifications’?

End-of-contract notifications are emails or letters that we send out when your minimum contract period is coming to an end. Ofcom (the communications regulator) requires us to share important information with you about what happens after your fixed contract period ends. The notifications include a reminder about what services are included once your contract ends and what your options are. They’ll also include some new deals for you to think about.

Who will receive them?

Anyone who has a pay monthly handset plan will receive a notification. This will happen just before your contract comes to an end.”

Thanks,

Nadia

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Nmattogno 

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details and check your account to confirm when we have sent you a notification regarding the end of your contract. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?