Solved

Charges for SMS to France

• 2 March 2019
  • 4 replies

If an SMS to a French number from UK is not delivered at the first attempt, will it be automatically re-sent repeatedly and charged each time?
icon

Best answer by Ryan 4 March 2019, 16:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Johnb

I don't think that ID Mobile is going to charge for something that wasn't delivered as well as I don't think that your phone will re-send it automatically. In my case of Xperia XZ1 Compact and Honor Play (Both working on ID Mobile) if I send message to Poland and it fails then I need to tap this message again to try to re-send it. I did not experienced any extra charges for texting to Poland when message failed to deliver but I did experienced when it was delivered.

Regards
Thanks Hikari

I should hope that you are correct. However an extract from a conversation with Id chat, in response to my question says different, I think.

'however there is no limit or amount of times it can repeat itself and that's correct, you will be charged for every text because the text message will keep loading confirming that it's being sent.'

i-phone
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
That is really strange indeed. Personally I did not experienced such a thing and I text to Poland to my grandma. Maybe let's wait for @Ryan or @Mohammed they will be able to tell you more here but they most won't reply till Monday.

Regards
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hey @Johnb,

I have just replied to your message on the other topic. You will only be charged for the SMS if it is sent from your phone. Any that produce an error will not be charged for and we would recommend deleting the outgoing message from your phones messaging app to ensure that it is not sent in the future if it is not needed anymore.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?