Solved

Charges When Leaving iD

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
Coverage was dire so wanted to leave. Tried online chat to ask question (14 mins in queue, then they clearly decided they had lasted until 8pm and f**ked off home). So the total lack of service became a 2nd reason to leave.

Says I have to give 30 days notice and I am 2 days into a billing period. Does that mean they will charge me 1-2 days worth of contract or try to be dicks and charge another full month and then I have to argue with them. I'm fine with 1-2 days, even when I will use the PAC code on the 29th day so iD get to keep 3 days worth of service they haven't actually provided.

Anyone know if they do try to charge another full month? If so I guess I'll just stop the DDR and wait to sort out a 2 day charge manually?

Really unimpressed by customer service AND actual coverage of service.....
icon

Best answer by Ryan 25 June 2019, 15:58

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hey @Methanoid

Here is the link regarding returns https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/returns-cancellations

If you are within 14 days return period then you can just pop in to your nearest Carphone Warehouse and you won't need to pay any additional charges. 30 days notice period is only required only outside this 14 days period.

Kind Regards
Im not. I'm about 32 days since joining.
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
According to T&C's that you accepted when signing a contract, 30 days notice is required for sim only deals for returns outside the period provided. You will be charged for that period as usual. ID Mobile provides 14 days in store returns using Carphone and 30 days return directly from iD. That is your window to change your mind without additional charges. You can contact iD Mobile directly by calling 7777 and see they can do for you though.

Kind Regards
I did explain I expect 30 days. What I asked is what happens for the 2 days that come in next month.
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Sorry @Methanoid I misunderstood your enquiry. I am pretty sure that these 2 days will be added to your final bill as well.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Methanoid,

Just to clear some things up here, if you ask to leave without using a PAC code, we will apply a 30-day disconnection on your account which means in 30-days time, your contract will cancel automatically and a final bill will be issued for the 30-day period plus any outstanding charges. Payment will then be taken 14-days after this date.

If you use a PAC code to leave us, we will apply 30-days of usage to the final bill, starting from when you first requested the PAC code. We wouldn't advise you to cancel the direct debit as this won't affect how much you owe upon leaving and can have a negative affect on your credit file in the case of missed payments etc.

Ryan
Thanks

Any chance of a direct answer to a direct question. If I use my Pac code in 28 days or whenever will I get charged for a full month next bill or a few days. My bill period starts 22nd June and j requested and got Pac on 24th. I might as well use the "service" I am paying for
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @Methanoid,

Yes you will be charged for those 2 days plus the 30-day period after you requested your PAC code as stated above.

Whenever you request a PAC code, you will be charged an extra 30-days on top of the amount of days that you have already used of the current month, which in your case is 2 days.

Ryan
And guess what happened? I have been charged for ANOTHER month. I used the PAC on 30th day. They generated a new bill cos they didnt action for 3 days and then try to charge me for another month. The drones at the call centre do not understand and so I have to stop DDR and invite them to see me in Small Claims Court.

This is why ID will never succeed. They are incompetent fools with no concept of customer service 😡
Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Methanoid,

This doesn't sound right and we would like to look into your account further in order to investigate the bill and to offer some support for this. Please can you send us an email  so we can take some personal details in order to access your bills?

Thank you.
Ryan

Why iD Mobile?