Question

Complaint re unfair charges

• 27 April 2020
  • 3 replies

I continue to be billed for services I have not accessed but for one month only (Dec 29th - Jan 29th), due to being informed by Carphone Warehouse that all I needed to do was cancel my direct debit to stop the service. The service being used was a wi-fi dongle paid monthly like a pay as you go service as I was advised. Although ID is able to look into my account and see I have not accessed it since the date given above, I have been receiving letters and emails saying I owe £30.00 per month for Feb, Mar and now Apr. ‘Missed/late’ payments have also been registered against my name on my credit file, to my dismay! The reason I signed up in the first place is because I was told I could cancel the service after one month if I chose to, just by cancelling the direct debit. Although, I was also advised, I would have to go through the process of re-registering. I therefore cancelled my direct debit after one month, only to be billed constantly since. I am absolutely appalled thus do intend to take this much further at the earliest opportunity. Absolutely ridiculous!

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @StanleyAyodeji,

It’s unfortunate to hear about your situation. 

The main reason why your plan has remained active is due to the plan not being cancelled as per our terms and conditions. We require direct contact of the notice of your desire to cancel, with 30-days notice, so that we can process this on the system. I’m sorry to say that the advice given by Carphone Warehouse is not correct and simply cancelling a direct debit will not end the contract. 

We can cancel the plan for you, however you are still liable for the outstanding charges and I would highly recommend contacting Carphone Warehouse to raise the case of misadvice with them so that they can help you with potentially covering the bill if it is found that you were given the wrong information.

To cancel the plan, you can log into your online account to request this. I will also DM you now with other ways of requesting a cancellation.

Ryan

I’m not happy at all all I’m trying to do is cancel my contract has ended in May 28 I’m still be still being billed for a phone that is no longer in use and all I keep getting is how difficult it is for other people having problems with the same thing I want is you to cancel my contract please

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Freddie boy,

For all the info on cancelling your contract, please click here.

If you still find you require assistance, feel free to drop us another message.

Will

Why iD Mobile?