Solved

Connecting camera to phone by wifi - what allowances does this use?

• 4 March 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Just bought a Panasonic lumix DCFZ 82 camera, all singing, all dancing compared to my old Canon sureshot. To share my photos i have downloaded Panasonic image app and to transfer photos I connect the camera to the phone app, by Wi-Fi.
MY question is what allowances does this use, as it disconnects my phone from my home Wi-Fi, does it use my data allowance????? Sorry if this comes across as a stupid question, but I am not very IT savvy at all😳 would like to know especially if I want to transfer photos to my phone, whilst out and about. Any info welcomed, cheers 👍
icon

Best answer by Gregor 4 March 2019, 21:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @helbo2012

Connecting your phone with your Panasonic camera does not use data allowance. It is connected by WiFi direct feature which is using WiFi signal to transfer data between two devices and does not require any of these devices to be online. You also could turn off mobile data in the settings of your phone and transfer of picture still can be made :)

Hope I could help and put your mind at ease

Kind Regards
Userlevel 1
Wow thanks Hikari,
Hi @helbo2012

Connecting your phone with your Panasonic camera does not use data allowance. It is connected by WiFi direct feature which is using WiFi signal to transfer data between two devices and does not require any of these devices to be online. You also could turn off mobile data in the settings of your phone and transfer of picture still can be made :)

Hope I could help and put your mind at ease

Kind Regards
Userlevel 1
Great reply and so quick, still don't really understand how things connecy, but I know now that it doesn't use my data, so am well happy, cheer Hikari 👍😍👍
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hey @helbo2012

If you would like to know more about WiFi direct I can recommend this article. It is kind of like Bluetooth but a lot faster.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 1
Hi Hikari, thanks for that, ruining u understand it a bit better now, isn't technology wonderful😍 cheers H

Why iD Mobile?