Solved

credit score trashed by ID - £1 added AFTER account closed

• 1 November 2020
  • 9 replies

So, my wife opened a month by month account for a SIM, back in 2018.

In July 2020 she switched to Sky & left.    
She generated a PAC Code, had a zero balance and moved on.  

Account Closed.

Last month she applies for credit & is declined.

so she checks her credit acores - and out of nowhere, despite two years of ID reporting to Experian a zero balance, and then going through PAC  and having a zero balance & closing the account.…

id mobile have added £1 to her account.  From absolutely nowhere. After she’d quit. What the hell?!

nobodys contacted her to say she owes £1

theyve just added it from nowhere, in silence and sat back and reported non payments - we’re trying to buy a house for gods sake!!!       

except now her credit rating has plummeted because shes got three or four months of non payments on her credit reference account. For a mystery quid!  😡

shes complained through experian but ID are arguing its genuine!

she can’t even log into her id account to see - as the accounts closed!!      

And the assistance from id is bloody awful 

any suggestions?!?!    Is it time to get our solicitor? 

icon

Best answer by Ryan 3 November 2020, 12:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

And can she speak to a human??

can she feck

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Philiptigerrice,

We are sorry to hear about your situation here. The £1 bill may have come about from a final bill being generated after leaving.

Although leaving by using a PAC code will generate no termination fee when on a SIM-only plan/out of contract, when the disconnection happens a final bill will still be generated to cover the services from the time since the last bill was paid to the point of disconnection.

Please can you ask your wife to respond to this post so we can take a further look into this?

Thanks,
Ryan

Userlevel 1

You need to make it clear that writing of such derogatory information is an assault.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ethelred,

Please can you explain further with what you mean by that? 

Ryan

Userlevel 1

I mean that if someone trashes your credit rating it can do as much damage to your life as if someone beat you up or ran you over. If you think I’m joking try applying for a security cleared role after some £12000 a year numpty has put a default in your credit file.

Userlevel 1

Just to clarify my remarks were in no way intended as a threat - merely that such an event can have life changing consequences and must be treated very seriously.

Without wanting to prejudice your enquiries, it is likely that on this occasion the credit reference agencies will refuse to remove the derogatory information on the basis that it is correct - the credit file is ruined for 6 years.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ethelred,

Have you received a mark of some sort on your credit file from us?

Ryan

Userlevel 1

@Ryan  No you haven’t but I am in the process of terminating my service with yourselves and I will be watching my credit files very closely indeed.

You should have no basis for saying anything other than the fact that I honoured my rolling contract because I have always paid on time by direct debit - as any decent human being would do. 

This thread really frightens me because it looks like iD mobile might trash my credit rating out of spite and as stated previously, the consequences could be disastrous.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @ethelred,

Once you’ve cancelled, be it by porting your number out or by disconnection via 30-days notice, your final bill will be produced.

This is 24-hours after disconnection completes.

Any remaining balance (if any) is shown on this bill, fully viewable in the iD app/account.

We’ll automatically collect this payment via Direct Debit 14-days (or just after) and the account will then be marked as settled.

We don’t “trash” credit ratings.

We are obliged to correctly record any credit file marks by the Credit Agencies.

If payments for an invoice/final bill are not paid then we would record late payments and if remain unpaid, a default when this is written off.

If you have any issues after cancelling, just reply here and we’ll be happy to help.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?