Cuttoff without any warning

• 12 June 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Hey folks

Ive been an ID Customer for about a year now and Ive never missed a DD payment EVER.. this month I had to cancel my DD on my Bank so I could pay manually a few days later (tomorrow), then re-set up my DD.

On the VERY DAY my payment was due to reach ID, they sent me one text to tell me they had suspended my account.. without even a 7 or 14 day period.

Its a really nasty and heartless thing to do to a fully paying customer without even a warning or consideration of their financial position

Is it even legal to do that

Im really annoyed in IDs bully boy "Screw you" tactics and maybe re-considering re-newing my contract

A big Disappointed Customer
Colin

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey folks

Ive been an ID Customer for about a year now and Ive never missed a DD payment EVER.. this month I had to cancel my DD on my Bank so I could pay manually a few days later (tomorrow), then re-set up my DD.

On the VERY DAY my payment was due to reach ID, they sent me one text to tell me they had suspended my account.. without even a 7 or 14 day period.

Its a really nasty and heartless thing to do to a fully paying customer without even a warning or consideration of their financial position

Is it even legal to do that

Im really annoyed in IDs bully boy "Screw you" tactics and maybe re-considering re-newing my contract

A big Disappointed Customer
Colin

Hello @musico1970,

That doesn't sound right.

Though it is covered in our Terms & Conditions, we wouldn't suspend the account on the day the payment is due, but if the payment is overdue, that's when we'd look at suspending outgoing services.
It's unfortunate that this has happened here. The system that processes this is automated so it's not reviewed by a person who looks at payment history manually and agrees to place the suspension on this way.

Have you since had the suspension lifted?
Mohammed
Userlevel 1
Hello @musico1970,

That doesn't sound right.

Though it is covered in our Terms & Conditions, we wouldn't suspend the account on the day the payment is due, but if the payment is overdue, that's when we'd look at suspending outgoing services.
It's unfortunate that this has happened here. The system that processes this is automated so it's not reviewed by a person who looks at payment history manually and agrees to place the suspension on this way.

Have you since had the suspension lifted?
Mohammed

Hi Mohammed

Thank you for your reply.. No, it doesnt sound right, and when I spoke to Customer Services.. they pretty much said "we cant do anything until you pay". Just to clarify.. the payment was due to ID on Wednesday (12th) and I received the "Service now Suspended" text the SAME DAY, but received no 14-day or 28 day warning text, which is what should have happened.

As I use my phone for my Therapy business.. I was forced to "Overdraw" the money from my bank after being suspended, which caused me alot of stress, so it has been paid and settled.. and some extra money went in today (which is what I said to Custome services "Just 24 hrs please") to balance the Overdraw, so it has been settled, but Im annoyed that ID would do that to such an up-to-date customer and Im not happy, but at least my "extra bank charges on being Overdrawn" status has gone.

There was no grace period for this and no support from customer services, was not happy.

Colin
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi musico1970
Can you just confirm to us what the billing date is on the account and what date the payment normally comes out of your bank.

Whilst we would expect payment on time within 14 days of the bill being produced, it does not seem accurate that your account would be restricted on the day the payment is due. There is normally a few days to allow Direct Debit payments to be made over the weekend.
Phil

Why iD Mobile?