Solved

Data allowance

• 10 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Have an issue regarding my  internet allowance usage it’s out of control and I cannot get help from ID what do I do.?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 14 July 2020, 13:36

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Mimtext,

We’re sorry to hear about that! What issues are you seeing with the data allowance; do you mean that it is running out too quickly? If that is the case, your phone should have a data usage section within the settings where you can view which apps have been using the data.

Ryan

Thank you Ryan,I have now got a family member to look at my phone My bill had doubled in days of going into the new month’s bill.

i have removed apps and made adjustments to various settings I am not putting more money on this mont as it’s gone from £15 -£34 using my allowances and top ups I have been advised that my 500 bytes is poor not sure how to speak to ID as their line 7777 is not manned Carphone wharehouse refused  to help me so I have just let it run out My next month commenced in August I cannot afford to do anything else Regards Mimtext

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Mimtext 

If you have your iD Mobile account registered.  It would be worth first of all adding a cap on your account as something low, to prevent any potential bill shock in future.

500mb is the minimal data allowance we offer and is the best solution for those using devices not considered “smart”.

If you have the iD Mobile account registered you could look at doing a Plan Change within there which for an extra couple of quid more than you’re paying now may include a much better amount of data that’s suited to your needs.  Plan Changes always tend to work out to be the better option as opposed to buying one-time add-ons too.

Most phones these days will let you know within the settings some place which apps in particular have used how much data recently.  So if you have a family member who is tech savvy, you can perhaps speak to them to look into that with you.

Thank you I had a visitor who looked at my phone .i have increased my cap from £10-£15 and the the data used it up I let the data run out as I cannot afford to let this bill go up anymore.I have the ID app and I cannot find anywhere on it to increase my data amount I am not tech savvy and am elderly it’s completely thrown me.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Mimtext 

In the upper right of the page, you should be able to click on your profile icon.  In your case (with no picture selected) it would be the letter M.

Within there you should be able to see that we’ve messaged you privately.  If you could reply there, we’ll be able to talk you through the Plan Change or list your options as need be.

Why iD Mobile?