Solved

Data-only Sim no rollover

• 13 April 2018
  • 7 replies

I have a data-only sim in a tablet I take away from home about 5 times per year. I would like the unused data in the other 7 months to roll over for use in the next month, but this never happens. Why cannot I have data rollover for my data-only sim?
icon

Best answer by Mohammed 16 April 2018, 14:07

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Data Rollover only rolls over the previous months unused data, so if you start with 1 gb of data and at the end of the month and you have used 500mb next month with roll over you will have 1.5 gb, then the next month any unused data will rollover again but the maximum would never be more than 2gb on a data plan of 1gb. A 2gb data plan would have a maximum of 4gb rollover and so on.
Kodak missed the point of my query . . . . With a data-only sim in an iPad I get NO rollover at all. Why not?
Userlevel 2
Did the contract you took out originally state that it had rollover?
Userlevel 2
Okay, I've done some research, it looks like there would be limited demand for data only sim cards therefore little competition from other carriers, hence no good deals like rollover. One work round would be to use your smartphone as a tether to create a hotspot for your tablet. No need for a sim in your tablet and rollover on your phone.
The bottom line is that iD advertise that ALL their Sims have data rollover !
Userlevel 2
If that is the case then iD need to either change there marketing or give rollover to data only sims.

Over to you iD for a comment.
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @Brenda's Lad,

@Kodak has answered part of your original query above. There is a limit to how much data can be rolled over. It isn't possible to roll-over 7-months of data. However, our DATA-only SIMs do not carry the same features as our SIM-only plans.

This is because they are a separate type of plan.

The same way that Pay-as-you-go plans don't have inclusive rollover either.

We advertise this as being included for our SIM-only plans/handset contracts.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?