Solved

Data Remaining Difference - App, Website, ID Text Message and ID Customer Service

• 17 July 2019
  • 1 reply

I got a text message yesterday saying I had used all my data, but when I checked my remaining data on the app and the website it said I had 1022MB remaining. I immediately switch of my 'MobiIe Data', then chatted online to an advise who said that they could see I had used all my data. I explained about what I could see on the app and website. They told me to log out of the app and log back in again, which I did, it was still showing 1022MB remaining.

I explained that I had purchased a 1GB top up on Sunday and found it very hard to believe that I had used 1GB of data in less than 2 days, I had not streamed anything since purchasing the top-up, just looking a sports stuff on Sunday afternoon away from my house. Once back at home I was on WiFi and at work on Monday I was on WiFi.

The advise said about background apps, well on a regular basis I view my active apps and select 'Clear All', so I find it hard to believe that there are any background apps that would use 1GB of data in a short amount of time.

I checked the website and app again first this morning and just now, and it is still showing as 1022MB remaining. So I am confused, surely it would have updated now, if that was the case, when I was chatting to the adviser yesterday onlinr.

I have tried to speak to an adviser this morning on the phone but I was told there was a 5 hour waiting time and the Online Chat has been unavailable all morning.

My allowances get refreshed tomorrow, but I am concerned that they could be something on my phone that it using a lot of data, or could be a simple issue of a fault on IDs systems?

Sorry for the long description but I want to get this sorted.

Thanks
David
icon

Best answer by Phil 18 July 2019, 15:41

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi David, there seems to be some confusion here, but once you've used all your standard allowance, we send a notification and recommend add-ons.

If you've purchased an add-on beforehand, you'll still get the message that your standard allowance has been used up, but the add-on will already be available to you.

The total remaining allowance will show on the app so it's likely that you do have add-on data remaining to use and that your phone has not in fact used such a large amount without streaming/ extensive downloading.

If you are concerned about extra charges, you have the ability to set your cap at £0 so you would only be able to use data if it was within your standard/ add-on allowance.
-Phil

Why iD Mobile?